Sosua to Moca?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SH6811

Oct 24, 2005
Greetings,

I need to travel from Sosua to Moca. I do not have a car. I wanted to ride on a Caribe Tours bus however I've been told they do not have stops in Moca. Can anybody tell me the best way to make this trip? I thank you in advance.

Regards

Take a publico taxi on the main road in Sosua opposite the Texaco station in the direction of Rio Sanjuan and get off the taxi at the turn off toward Jamao al Norte, There you will have to catch a GuaGua(small bus) towards Moca. this is a much faster option than Caribe tours, because Caribe you would have to either goto Santiago or even Santo Domingo,then back to Moca.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Take a publico taxi on the main road in Sosua opposite the Texaco station in the direction of Rio Sanjuan and get off the taxi at the turn off toward Jamao al Norte, There you will have to catch a GuaGua(small bus) towards Moca. this is a much faster option than Caribe tours, because Caribe you would have to either goto Santiago or even Santo Domingo,then back to Moca.

Agree. Definately the best route but...take this route only if you don't have motion sickness. You will be going through some steep hills and tight curves.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
There's a great restaurant at the top of the mountain with stunning views and good food if you're able to stop. Someone else will have to give you the name as I don't remeber it, just the view!!!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
There's a great restaurant at the top of the mountain with stunning views and good food if you're able to stop. Someone else will have to give you the name as I don't remeber it, just the view!!!

Approaching from the Jamao side just over the top is Caffetto which is excellent - I haven't visited the one right next door and can't remember the name. Round the next sharp curve is El Molino which is again excellent and the views from all 3 are stunning as you say.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
When traveling that road I ALWAYS stop in Caffetto for a beer. It's like a ritual lol

Status
Not open for further replies.