need help booking an all inclusive

redheadkatie

May 2, 2009
I want to book an all-inclusive in Punta Cana in December. It's for 2 people, but we only need one flight since my boyfriend will already be there. Does anyone know the most economical way of booking this? Like should I try to find my own flight and book directly through the hotel? Or would it make more sense to try to book this through the discount websites? Anyone with experience please help! Thanks!!!

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Right now I'd look at booking separately if I were in your shoes.

Try WestJet or SellOffVacations.com for flight and look at hotel websites for direct booking deals.

I recently booked a stay in October and while I booked a higher room category there were regular AI rooms for two for as little as $102US per night. Or if your boyfriend is Dominican he might get an even better rate.

The problem with booking packages is that room and flights are linked and you only need one flight.

Gregg

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
If you are Canadian, call to one of the discount internet companies and tell them the situation.

What you asking for is a "Deviated Package". You explain that you need full package based on double occupancy for you and hotel only for your partner.

They will give you a price within about 24 hours as they have to call the tour operator directly for a price.

Your boyfriend wont pay any taxes either.

Usually works out much much cheaper than booking hotel and flight separately.

If the travel agent tries to tell you anything different, call someone else.

Many dont understand what to do in this situation and will try to charge you based on single occupancy and then your boyfriends portion on top of it all.

If you do fly WestJet down then check out Sunwing.ca - Discount Travel, Vacation Packages, Last Minute Travel Deals, All Inclusive Vacations, Fly Cheap, Hotels, Resorts, Car Rentals to book your hotel portion. They are by far the cheapest option out there but you must be Canadian to book with them.

Good Luck
Sangria

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
The OP is posting from Canada so I went on that basis.

You may find that some Travel Agencies (online or bricks and mortar) or Tour Operators may not be very informed or interested in anything which deviates from the normal two passenger double occupancy booking. If that is what you encounter you may have no choice but to book separately.

Good luck either way.

Gregg

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
I have used both travel in store travel agencies, YourTravelTicket.com and www.fareconnect.ca and never had any issue.

It was one of these companies that explained to me what you need to ask for.

I have found that Signature Vacations typically offers the best deal for deviated packages.

Some of the companies will charge the same price per person but no tax for the dominican citizen while others like signature & sunwing give a substantially reduced price for the dominican citizen.

Always best to check both options because you may find a flight or hotel deal that beats any package price but I would say 95% of the time the Deviated Packages are your best option.

Based on 4.5+ years of personal experience and MANY MANY trips on a tight budget.

Sangria

Reactions: laurajane

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Sangria is right.
if you book your single package for yourself and the BF comes to the hotel to book himself to your room they get a double ocucupancy rate from him and nobody will discount your prior paid single occupancy extra.
the deviated package is the best to get.
Mike

redheadkatie

May 2, 2009
Well after exploring these options I ended up getting the deviated package from Sunwing. Although the prices of hotels aren't too bad, the prices of flights are all quite high so it worked out to be a better deal than booking separately. And this way my transfers to and from the airport are included as well so I really don't have to think about anything!

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Well after exploring these options I ended up getting the deviated package from Sunwing. Although the prices of hotels aren't too bad, the prices of flights are all quite high so it worked out to be a better deal than booking separately. And this way my transfers to and from the airport are included as well so I really don't have to think about anything!

That is often the case!

Glad you found something.
Sangria