How Long for Sponsorship Approval? - Immigration Canada

XXKWISIT

Apr 15, 2007
Married - May 9, 2009
Application Sent - July 27, 2009
Received in Mississauga - July 28, 2009

Anyone have any idea how long it normally takes to be approved for sponsorship?

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Hi XXKWISIT,

Welcome to the Visa Forum!

It now says sponsoship processing takes 43 days and they are current processing applications received upto and including July 16.

You can check the link each day to see when they are processing for the day your application has been received and then expect the letter to arrive in about 1-2 weeks after that.

Here is the link!

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/canada/process-in.asp#sponsorship

Good Luck!
Sangria

Last edited:

XXKWISIT

Apr 15, 2007
Thanks for info:)

I just checked it now and it says the decision has been made, but it won't tell me the decision on the website. Guess I just have wait for the letter in the mail...fingers crossed!

Irina1

Mar 9, 2009
Thanks for info:)

I just checked it now and it says the decision has been made, but it won't tell me the decision on the website. Guess I just have wait for the letter in the mail...fingers crossed!

if u havent been approved for sponsorship yet and its only been 2 months how is the decision already made????

XXKWISIT

Apr 15, 2007
I don't know...when I click on the decision made icon it takes me to a page that says: sponsorship. It says a decision has been made on my application and that I will receive a letter in 1-2 weeks. I am assuming that this approval/denial of me becoming a sponsor?
Anyone?

Irina1

Mar 9, 2009
I don't know...when I click on the decision made icon it takes me to a page that says: sponsorship. It says a decision has been made on my application and that I will receive a letter in 1-2 weeks. I am assuming that this approval/denial of me becoming a sponsor?
Anyone?

from wat i have been reading from other posts it usually says descision made wen the whole process is complete as in descision made for him to come to canada... I may be wrong though..

Ellie2008

Aug 8, 2008
it means a decision has been made for you as a sponsor. You will need to wait for the letter in the mail (which mine was received within the week) If it is an approval, it will also state that the application has been forwarded to the office in Port-Au-Prince

This is where the waiting begins.....

XXKWISIT

Apr 15, 2007
Thanks Ellie!
Hooray for waiting! :)

Good thing I am leaving in 7 days to go and visit my husband!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Ok. The letter arrived yesterday and I was approved :)

Try to remember, that was the easiest part.;)

Unless they need any more documents you won't hear anything for months and months so hang in there.

Last edited:

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Congrats on being approved for sponsorship!

Even though its the easy part it still feels good to have heard something.

Try to stay patient through the next months as they can really take their toll on a person and on a couple!

Good Luck!
Sangria

XXKWISIT

Apr 15, 2007
Thank you for your support.

It's nice to know that there are others going through the same thing and unless you are going through it, there is no way you can understand. Most people that I talk to here don't even realize that Dominicans can't come here without a VISA.

Thanks again to everyone :)