bulk SMS sending?

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
Hi,

Does anyone know how to do bulk sms sends here in the DR?

I will be building a database of several thousand people who want to receive my messages, but don't know how to send to them. Any ideas, or who can do it? (i know how to do it in the US, just not in the DR). Obviously this is all permission based!

Adrian

Manzana

Jan 23, 2007
sms

I checked out the link and they offer an interesting range of services, still, isn't it possible to just load the phone numbers to any email program addressbook (with appropriate carrier protocol to make the phone numbers into email addresses) and send the text message to thousands of addresses/numbers for nothing? Why would your being in the DR make any difference? What is it that gmail wouldn't do for free?

I may be misunderstanding something.

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
I think the carriers don't allow bulk mailings via SMS email gateways. Certainly with gmail there will be a limit - you won't be able to send to 5000 people at a time from one email. But even if we use a bulk email service, I would imagine codetel/orange, etc would block thousands of emailed SMS messages coming in.

We might test it though; good idea.

Does anyone else have any idea on how this can be done? My ideal is to be able to give the list to a 3rd party + the message to be sent and have them take care of it all.