ATV rental in Las Terrenas

MeluDC

Aug 4, 2009
Hey there,

Does anyone know if there is somewhere to rent atvs in Las Terrenas? If so, how much do they cost per day?

Also, I have been quoted $200 USD for transportation for 5 in an air conditioned mini van from Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas. Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice!

drevo32

Nov 15, 2006
atv cost is around 1500-2000 pesos per day , and there are a lot of rentals.

BUT, never, never give you credit card as a deposit, there have been a lot of CC fraud, if a rental insist on a credit card just move away.

US$200 is the taxi mafia tourist price, a taxi from a SD taxi company will cost around 4000 pesos I think, just call any taxi company directly and youll get the best deals,search in the forums to get the phones.

Last edited:

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
$2oo is fair for the taxi. most charge $220 Isaira Tours we rented from patricia rental Patricia Rent A Car - Las Terrenas Republica Dominicana they are near las ballenas and not sure if it is convenient for your locale but greg from there speaks english and was very helpful and nice. our cost was around $550 for 2 atvs for 7 days. not sure what the daily rate was but as prviously said there are many rental places there. good luck and enjoy your stay... ben

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
ATV try Miguel in the center of town, tell him Richard sent you and that you want a good price. Taxi SD to/from LT I pay RD$6000. If you want a telephone number let me know.

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
$200.00 U.S is not a bad price from Santo Domingo to Las Terrenas if you
want to travel in a RELIABLE, airconditioned vehicle. This is the going rate
regardless of who you call. Sometimes you can get a local taxi from Las
Terrenas to pick you up at the airport for a little less, but not much less.

Taking a taxi from the airport to catch the bus at the bus depot in the city is too much of a hassle and not worth the savings for me. It will also take
twice as long to get to Las Terrenas, maybe more.

MeluDC

Aug 4, 2009
Thanks, everyone!

I'm thinking I'll stick with the transport that our villa owners offered then. Even if we are paying a little bit more, I'd rather know we are getting there quickly and safely.

As far as ATV's- good to know about not giving credit card info. Thank you for the recommendations as well!

Renate

Jan 12, 2007
Hi MeluDC,

about ATV rental, most of the small rental offices do not offer much regarding insurance, so I would recommend not just to compare prices, but as well insurance coverage. We rented a ATV in LT in 2008 from a beachfront Hotel owned by a Swiss (don't remember the name); they offered full insurance, without any deductible/own risk. I think this is worth the money, even if you drive carefully, you might face technical problems with the ATV, and with this full insurance coverage, you are sure to avoid any discussion.

ninapup

Sep 16, 2004
Hotel Cayenas

Hi MeluDC,

about ATV rental, most of the small rental offices do not offer much regarding insurance, so I would recommend not just to compare prices, but as well insurance coverage. We rented a ATV in LT in 2008 from a beachfront Hotel owned by a Swiss (don't remember the name); they offered full insurance, without any deductible/own risk. I think this is worth the money, even if you drive carefully, you might face technical problems with the ATV, and with this full insurance coverage, you are sure to avoid any discussion.
I think you are speaking of Hotel Cayenas, Sunshine Tours. They rent lots of fun things and are very reliable. Have fun in LT.