Is Kelly's open?

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
When I was in Las Terrenas in late July, Kelly's was closed "until August" and "Big Dan's American Grill" had become THE place to go---
I love Danny's new place (next to Super Mercado Lindo--amazing porkchop sandwich and coleslaw!) but I've been wondering if Kelly returned and re-opened her great little place-- Anyone know what's happening??

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Kelly did come back but only for a short while. She's gone back to Canada 'til the end of the year. The bar is currently closed. Kelly had problems with her landlord, she said he has never kept his word about anything. If true this is sad because he is associated with another well known, honourable and well respected businessman in town.
I must give Danny's a try.

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
Thanks for that news--- I'm really sorry she had those landlord problems-- Kelly is a wonderful woman and her friendliness was one of the reasons why we bought our house in LT! I had worried that it would be hard for the English-speaking community to "choose" between the two places---
Danny is also a great friend (he was our realtor!) and he's working very hard to make his new bar/restaurant a success-- Go have a cold one and tell him Susan says "hi"!

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
So glad to hear about Danny's restaurant. Will definitely go there as soon
as we go back to LT this winter.

I will miss Kelly. Things will not be the same without her.

Looking forward to seeing you there too Susan.

Juniper

lisaM1

Jun 27, 2008
We go to Big Dan"s every night that we are in las terrenas! it's the best. check out the new lites, we sent them to dan more lights the better!!!! miss you dan
see you soon

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
would someone please email me kelly's email or tel nbr in canada. thanks.