RE: Snorkeling /Riu Palace upgrade possible?

D

Denise

RE: Snorkeling /Riu Palace upgrade possible?

We are going to be staying at the Riu Palace Macao next month. I was wondering if we can get a room upgrade without any additional cost. Who should I contact to arrange it? I would also like to try snorkeling again in Punta Cana. Can anyone recommend a company that provides all equipment including floatation vests and goes to some clear spots with lots of sealife? Any help will surely bring a smile.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Punta Cana is a great beach, but nearby snorkeling is just okay, not spectacular. Don't have too high expectations and you will enjoy yourself. You will be able to book a snorkeling trip right at your hotel or from one of the guys that peddle the trip right on the beach.

K

Karen

don't even bother with the arranged snorkel trips...you can get FREE snorkel equipment and vests right at the hotel. Then get in the water and swim out to the reef...barley 100 yards. ENJOY....it is spectacular

T

traveller

We got an ocean-front room as we asked our agent to fax the hotel with this request & when we checked in, very politely we reminded them that we had faxed a request for an ocean-front room, & were lucky to get one. The air conditionner didn't work for 2 nites, but hopefully your will. You will be very impressed with the resort, the food is great, & don't hesitate to order from the menu in the main dining room once you tire of the buffet. Also, reserve in the other restaurant once during your stay--it's nice to be served all your courses & our filet mignon was excellent. I really reqret not snorkelling---we left it unitl the last day & the water was too rough.