Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Any secure camp ground in the country.

I would like to take "my" girls and part of their family camping... you know, tents, grilling (searching for fire wood), studying plants, walking a little (without a motoconcho, imagine!), playin' guit'tar and singing around the camp fire after sundown, looking at the stars while sharing stories, waking up next morning with a stiff back a ants all over.

But, if in any way possible, without having been assaulted, raped, tied up on the next mata de coco or just plain waking up in the middle of a field under the clear sky... wondering where the tent went to.

Maybe toilets, possibility to wash (at least a safe rio)...

Where?

... J-D

Post Thanks / Like

Rancho Campeche, off the San Cristobal-Baní road.

Rancho Campeche

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

its called "spending a day out in the deep campo" lol i have never heard of secure camping grounds, as its just not something locals do. if they wanna "rough it" they spend the weekend at their families in the campo lol

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

tubagua ? .................

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J D Sauser View Post
    I would like to take "my" girls and part of their family camping... you know, tents, grilling (searching for fire wood), studying plants, walking a little (without a motoconcho, imagine!), playin' guit'tar and singing around the camp fire after sundown, looking at the stars while sharing stories, waking up next morning with a stiff back a ants all over.

But, if in any way possible, without having been assaulted, raped, tied up on the next mata de coco or just plain waking up in the middle of a field under the clear sky... wondering where the tent went to.

Maybe toilets, possibility to wash (at least a safe rio)...

Where?

... J-D
    You would be most welcome to 'pitch your tent' down at the river pool on our finca about 5 miles from Sabaneta. Can promise the stars at night, nice tracks to walk along and find plants and wood for the fire. Lambs, cow, donkey and horses in the fields and piggies to see. We find it a totally safe area. Non commercial so no real 'mod cons' but please PM me if you are interested.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Arigatou!

Pig, Chirimoya, POPNYChick, Glider, JR and WhirleyBird, thanks for your insightful responses. I frankly didn't expect any at first (meant to ask many times in the past) but since not only PriceSmart sells tents but also Nacional, I thought there may be a chance.
    I'll be checking out some places first before I drag the girls into the mud.

WhirleyBird, well, what can I say? You are very generous. I WILL contact you and visit you all... actually, wanted to for some time since I am "on" lamb.

Thanks! ... J-D.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J D Sauser View Post
    Pig, Chirimoya, POPNYChick, Glider, JR and WhirleyBird, thanks for your insightful responses. I frankly didn't expect any at first (meant to ask many times in the past) but since not only PriceSmart sells tents but also Nacional, I thought there may be a chance.
    I'll be checking out some places first before I drag the girls into the mud.

WhirleyBird, well, what can I say? You are very generous. I WILL contact you and visit you all... actually, wanted to for some time since I am "on" lamb.

Thanks! ... J-D.
    You will be most welcome - just let us know when you would like to visit, with or without camping equipment

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Samana Camping

Sleeping :: El Cabito I have no experiance here but came across this link.