Punta Cana Airport to Boca Chica

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
I have read that 3.5 to 4 hours is about the expected travel time from the Punta Cana airport to Boca Chica.
Does that sound about right to those that have done it?

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
Oh brother :ermm: , I was hoping someone was going to say I was totally eroneous and it was half that time :surprised

Thanks anyway , sometimes the truth hurts.......

majo

Oct 20, 2009
I will do the same trip in december... I won't take a taxi, it's too expensive, and still I have no idea on how to reach BC by bus.... will let you know!!!!!! :)

mrweepa1

Jun 12, 2009
Punta cana airo to BC

Why would you fly to Punta Cana, when you can fly to Las Americas airport and be 10 min from the Airport????:chinese::chinese::chinese::chinese::chinese:

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
The bus ride on Caribe was fun.....Once

...Then I discovered the commuter terminal at PUJ and jumped on a comuter plane (no reservation needed) back to Santo Domingo for less than $100 and cut my travel time to 35 minutes.

I took SAP but I see they don't run regularly scheduled flights between 30 Sep. and 30 Nov. but Air Century does.

SAP Group - Home

Air Century

Wanna do a little island hopping?

CARIBAIR :: Una diferencia del cielo a la tierra

The 3 hour bus ride to Higuey was in a big luxury bus. As the trip progressed and we took on more passengers I found out what the plastic milk cartons were for (mid aisle seating). In Higuey we got off of our bus, got onto a small, hot, stinky bus and went to Bavaro where I got off at the Airport and arranged a taxi to my hotel and checked the domestic terminal for a flight back in 2 days.

Here's the thing.....you know how things run there. The return flight was not going to happen until they got enough passengers to make a profit so the 17:00 flight to Santo Domingo turned into a 20:30 flight to Santo Domingo and would've been scratched if the last two customers hadn't shown up.

The flight never elevated above 3,000' and as it happened took place during the sunset and the view of the South Coast was breathtaking. If I'd known it would be that nice a trip I'd have booked a R/T a long time prior just for the experience.

I think the flight was destined for Herrera but 25 minutes in our pilot informed us that we were rerouted to Las Americas. Probably because of the arrival time.

The whole adventure was a pleasant and memorable experience and now that ACSA is offering same day round trips between Santo Domingo (Belaguer) and PUJ for $45 US each way I think I'll do it again. Just because.