Leonel babbling again at the U.N.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
I ask myself..what is the lion(and not for being king of the animal world but for his bad hairstyle)speaking at the UN for? Nobody was listening. What he has to say is neither new nor innovative. Worst yet, his proposals are badly researched and never stick. Such was the infamous "kick Honduras from the CAFTA. Notice i excluded the DR from CAFTA. We are inoperative in this treaty. I think even Zelaya laughed when Leonel proposed such idiocy. Now he goes to the UN circus where clowns like khadafy and Ammadinejah were the main comedians before the real headliners Obama and Netanyu took their turns. How dare he embarrass us? Didn't. You get it Leonel? The UN agenda was IRAN and ISRAEL!!! Must I spell it for you? Who the hell cares about Zelaya? Or about Wall Street greed? That's old news boy! Be real! When is this guy gonna get it? I was sticking to my TV just waiting for Netanyu to kick ass. Even Obama was overshadowed by Israel. We should all be now aware that Israel is the new leader of the free world and capitalism. I feel more secure with Israel at the helm than Obama. As for our out of step president, all I can say is he is again in the wrong side of history. While he congratiates himself and kisses the asses of two of the worst dictators and criminals in the planet(Chavez and khadafy) he wants to pull our ambassador from Honduras. What a paradox? I truly believe that what he is really trying to do is to undermine Honduras' exports and competition in the free market to eliminate a competitor in the CAFTA. That to me is low, indecent and bad faith. Let the Honduran people know..Leonel prefers you dead than alive competing for sales abroad.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Seems he simply wants to be an international guy, an ombudsman, a big time negotiator and it's just political posturing, which is what those stages are built for aren't they? It's runway models showing their latest fashions, but the models, as usual, are not the designers, just models; underfed, ladder-climbing wannabes who know their days in the limelight are limited. Elected mango bajitos. Obsequious assistants on a world stage.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
It is all part of the process of becoming the D.R's first international mega-statesman.
I suspect 20 years from now Leonel will be a household name in parts of the world that have never even heard of the D.R. (assuming he does not get caught up in some drug trafficking scandal)

It is a shame that he embarrasses the D.R. in the process.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Most politicians from alltogether inept political systems strive to appear substantial in front of politicians of countries that have systems that actually work, more or less.

Not too long ago said politicians had to constantly criticize and even fabricate conspiracies in order bring the Westerners down to size. However, with the Iraqi war and crash of the economy in the US and the West, these politicians have been emblodened to think that they are on the same terms, or in Leonel's mind, superior even to some of the Western governemnts.

What they fail to realize in their Bizarro minds is that while it is true that corruption goes hand in hand with politics, the corruption in their countries is at endemic levels to the point that real growth is stymied and infrastructure and education are second thoughts to vacation homes and nice cars for the priveleged politicians.

Sep 22, 2009
Seems he simply wants to be an international guy, an ombudsman, a big time negotiator and it's just political posturing, which is what those stages are built for aren't they? It's runway models showing their latest fashions, but the models, as usual, are not the designers, just models; underfed, ladder-climbing wannabes who know their days in the limelight are limited. Elected mango bajitos. Obsequious assistants on a world stage.

True for the most part with regards to venue like this and the G, etc.

I wish he could get more results on domestic issues. I like the guy a lot, but his #1 stated domestic issue last year in his State of the Union was the power situation. Can't we just get some reliable power here? How many years, decades. I'm so tired of replacing expensive electrodomestic appliances. I suppose I could install an off-grid solar/wind deal for 30K dollars. Does that make sense in 2009? I love green, but you have to be kidding.

Let's follow through on Domestic issues before hand-waving and pontificating on an International level. That goes for Obama, Ahmadinejad, and all the UN grand-standers. Yeah, I'm concerned about North Korea, and yeah, Honduras is in a pickle, but I would love to run my AC for more than 4 hours a day in 2010.

May 12, 2005
It is all part of the process of becoming the D.R's first international mega-statesman.
I suspect 20 years from now Leonel will be a household name in parts of the world that have never even heard of the D.R. (assuming he does not get caught up in some drug trafficking scandal)

It is a shame that he embarrasses the D.R. in the process.

Could be worse. Hipolito could be the one up there speaking.

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
And while the DR's education and power systems are crumbling, Leonel is outside the country more than he is here at home. (and his guys actually criticized Hippo for his travels).

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
what I truly fear is Leonel's next step in the international arena. I am expecting that in the next couple of months he will pull a "destapao". In other words, he will declare himself a true Chavez follower and begin to dennounce the United States. Obama's rise has been the brakes to his ultimate declaration. He wants to wait Obama out before he jumps to the "New South America/Afrika Order" which is being the brainchild of the biggest hypocrite of the all..Lula Da Silva. This new group is the brainchild of Lula, Chavez, Kadhafy and Ammadinejah.
Their purpose is to try to organize a new power with Africa and South America, a dream that Fidel Castro tried but failed with his military interventions in Africa. This is a harebrain idea. Trying to organize all the most corrupt governments in the world into one world power is not only impossible but ridiculous.
Leonel Fernandez will become the Caribbean head of this Trisomie21 child. This is why Leonel is trying to control DR-Cafta by intervening in Honduras' internal affairs, with Lula placing a "New Order" base at the Honduran Embassy with support from neighboring Nicaragua transporting weapons, propaganda materials and cash from Venezuela and Brazil to recuperate Honduras as the Central American base. Their hope is to wait for a Calderon failure in Mexico and have Lopez Obrador take over Mexico before they launch their attack on the U.S.
Remember that Leonel is a pupil of hidden-communist Juan Bosch. Leonel is no democrat. He went to the U.S. to get his college dregree more as an agent of this conspiracy. This has long been in the planning.
Mauricio Funes is also playing the rabbit in the hat just waiting for the right moment to strike, just like Leonel.
Obama's slow reaction to the Honduras' situation has been the result of the tough stance by Republicans, specially Sen. Jim Demint, who is holding back or filibustering the appointment of Arturo Valenzuela as the The State Department chief of Latins Affairs. This is Obama's appointee who is supposed to serve as liason to LA. Leonel has been putting pressure on the other side for Obama to intervene in Honduras under orders from his boss Chavez.
Obama has no choice but to play both sides of the coin. Republicans are just waiting for him to intervene and return Zelaya to power. That will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. That will certify Obama as the new Jimmy Carter, who in my opinion is a double agent and traitor to his own country.
Obama eventually will have to support Micheletti's government or the newly elected president after the elections, or some sort of government that is not Zelaya. Otherwise Democrats will lose every election in the future. Obama cannot abandon, specially, Hondura's military leaders, the most trustworthy and closer allies the Pentagon has in Latin America, next to Colombia's army.
If he turns his back on Hondura's military, not ally in the rest of the world will feel safe. With Poland and the Czech republic already up in arms over the stab in the back they got from Obama with the missiles, a betrayal of Hondura's army will finally deflate Obama's balloon.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Wanna get back to this another time perhaps, or is this
your final answer? You're all over the map here.

Jan 3, 2003
This can not be GOLO

Your English is atrocious. Your spelling is horrendous. Your sentence structure and grammar are not coherent. You're not even forming paragraphs properly.

Are you OK man? Are you on medication?

The old GOLO made posts that could be placed in the NY Times editorial section.

This garbage is so bad that it would get rejected by the NY Post or the Daily News.

What happened?

I always enjoyed your threads of old.

I am still waiting on your call for the DP to reach 100 to the USD, lol.

Jan 3, 2003
Onions have you tried posting a thread with an iPhone?
Oh, is that your excuse? So when is the DOP going to hit 100? Are you still living in the decrepit and crime infested DR? Have your calls on the Haitian takeover of the DR proven true or false?