Nagua kidnapping

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
The story about a prominent businessman's son being kidnapped in Nagua has been all over the DR media. Obviously, a very distressing story for the family and the country as well. The police know who the group of kidnappers are. Now I have heard that the main bad guy's daughter was kidnapped in the capital- supposedly in retaliation. Does anyone know the details?

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Something doesn't sound Kosher

The story about a prominent businessman's son being kidnapped in Nagua has been all over the DR media. Obviously, a very distressing story for the family and the country as well. The police know who the group of kidnappers are. Now I have heard that the main bad guy's daughter was kidnapped in the capital- supposedly in retaliation. Does anyone know the details?[/QUOTE

It really seems strange that the businessman knew the kidnapper well enough to know who his daughter was and were she lived. There seems to be a lot more to this story. What was this "businessman" into ?

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
I live near Nagua and know people who were friends with the son, Edwardo, who was kidnapped. His family is the Baldera family, a well-know, wealthy and I think, respected family in Nagua. In fact, last week there was a huge march in Nagua, over 5,000 people who then congregated at parke central to show support for the family and Edwardo. It is on youtube if anyone would like to see it. His dad has the biggest casa de cambio in Nagua but the family has other businesses in town also, a well known body shop to repair and paint cars, ect.
One of the kidnappers was caught, a young women, who identified the rest of the group involved. Then, supposedly, last week the daughter of the main kidnapper was also kidnapped in the capital as she was walking to the university. Thats all I know, but would like to confirm the capital part of the story K

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
Casa de Cambio owner???? UHMMMMM! Let's wait for the rest of the evidence. There's more than meets the eye here.