Recommendations for a Christmas stay for Family of 6!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spec Ed Teacher

Apr 21, 2009
We live in Santiago and are looking for recommendations for a place to stay for Christmas that is close to the Riu's but we are on a limited budget.
We are looking for a place that we can stay with 6 of us, we have an air mattress and no problem using that on the floor for 2 kids. We would prefer to have a kitchen of some sort and prepare our own food - simple and basic is great but we do want safe! Pool is also preferred.
We have friends staying at the Riu's who we would like to visit which is why we would like to be in that area.

Any suggestions?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
With Sun Village closed (?), you could probably go to CostAmbar...check it out...

RIU is only like 40 minutes from Santiago..

HB

Spec Ed Teacher

Apr 21, 2009
Thanks Hillbilly!

I have been searching Costambar and not found much. Most of the searches also give me Puerta Plata listings so I have also been checking a bunch of them out.

I found these 3: Portofino Guest House; Hotel Montesilvo and Puerta Plata Apartments (in Torre Alta area - owned by Jeffrey & Petra)

Would anyone have any current info on these? Any words of caution or recommendation? I have searched them on here but most of the information I find is over 2 yrs old and I am not sure if it is still accurate?

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
If you choose to go closer to Cabarete I recommend Cabarete Beach Houses at Nanny Estates. They are lovely with a pool area. They are almost like townhouses and would comfortably house 6 people. Additionally, they are reasonably priced and include a safe for your goods. I have stayed there a few times and was never let down. It includes a kitchen area to cook and a roof deck. Here is the link: Cabarete Beach Houses and Nanny Estate and you can also try to book them through: Cabarete Beach Houses at the Nanny Estates at Cabarete Resort - Beach Condo and Villa Accommodations

Spec Ed Teacher

Apr 21, 2009
Thanks jbars. That does look really nice. We will keep it in mind if we/when we plan another trip to the beach!
For Christmas though we really want to be closer to the Riu's so we can pick them up for trips & a visit.

jbars

Jul 6, 2007
Special Ed Teacher,

No problem. Enjoy yourself and have a blessed time during Christmas!!!

-JBars

Status
Not open for further replies.