MASTERCARD pricelessssss +

Nov 25, 2008
In the D.R. its not just the politicians who have a blank check to
the heavens

MASTERCARD don't leave the "cloth" without it.

Last edited:

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
:laugh::laugh: You left out the bit underneath - there are some things money can't buy, for all the rest there's ecclesiastical privilege............(benefit of clergy).

Quite subtle, wonder if they're telling us something..........;)

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
the privilege of clergy

I was listening to a long interview with Padre Rodhino (sp?) who is the Jesuit who runs the Solidarity Center up in Dajabon... and is a big defender of Haitian rights... So now usually he and I are on the same side of issues but when it came to the Free Trade Zone, the Groupo M factory in Ounaminthe, the padre was adamantly opposed... he started railing against the neo liberal agenda, against the factory, saying that that would "only make money for the rich" .. despite the more than 1300 jobs there (think that there have been some layoffs)

(forgive me, I know I have posted this before... the Bee keeps buzzing!!)

We had just finished lunch with him at the nunnery in La Romana where he had come to give spiritual direction (and the sacrements, I suppose ) to the nuns.
We ate with the few nuns, the few apprentice nuns, and were served by local servants...

What, I thought... could be more privileged than the life of this man in the black skirt with his all expenses paid life?