SDQ to San Isidro

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
My flight gets into SDQ at 9:30PM and by the time I clear customs and pickup my rental car it will be 10:30-11:00. I am heading out to Samana in the morning so I wanted to stay as close to the new road to Samana as possible. The Quality Inn near the airport wants over $112 US for one night so I thought we may just go to a cabana in San Isidro for the night. Is it easy/wise to drive from SDQ to the cabana strip in San Isidro at that time of night? What would the easiest/best way? Is it possible to get on the Samana highway from RT 4 in San Isidro in the morning? Thanks for any help offered.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
The drive from the airport to San Isidro is fairly easy, and at that time of night should be no problem. If you made the drive before it should be very straightforward, just keep your eyes open at night to read the signs off Avenida Las Americas that point towards San Isidro, I believe the signs say: Charles de Gaulle - San Isidro and Ave. San Vicente De Paul....if I remember correctly these signs/intersections are all very near each other so just be sure you get on the right street.
From taking the new highway to Samana before I believe there is a connection from San Isidro that will eventually merge you on the new highway, however, I have not personally taken this road before and even so still think it would be faster to just get back on the highway [Las Americas] and go east again towards the airport and connect to the new highway to Samana. It will definately be faster than taking a backroad! :)

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Thanks

Thank you Jalencastro. I will follow your directions. I just hope Spirit Air doesn't change my flight around again (third time). By the time I get to San Isidro it will be late enough that I will get the overnight rate at the cabana. Thanks again.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
good luck BPL888, yeah the overnight rates I believe start at 11pm right? you should be all set, drive carefully, keep your eyes open and get some rest! LOL
freshen up for your long drive to Samana! It's a beautiful drive up north on the new highway! :)

johnnj2000

Mar 27, 2004
you know from the airport to boca chica cant be no more then 15 mins by car and the new highway is right next to the toll both there by the airport entrance. for about 35 us you could probably get a place to stay there for the night if you need too. go out of the airport to las americas heading to san pedro de marcoruis, go staight about 15 mins to the gas station on right where burger king is ,make right and go into boca chica, ask where hotel mango is ,nice room and reasonable with pool ask for mario or johnnie