Dog Training Seminar

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
It looks an interesting workshop but the Shutzhund program is not part of our training methodes. We rather go towards Mondio and Belgian Ring where Obedience is also part of the program but more in function and in combination with the part of guard and defence work.

I admire however handlers who work the Shutzhund program, its a very intensive trainingprogram which asks a lot of concentration of both handler and dog to perform there excersises to almost perfection and its mostly to do about performing to that perfection, excersises will be performed and trained again and again towards that point of perfection.

I would consider following the workshop concirning the part of obedience but the part of attack work not because we use too much different methodes (other sleeves also, other techniques) in Mondio and Belgian Ring.

Acira

Weasel

May 22, 2007
The Seminar will concentrate on Obedience since this is the groundwork for many sports.

Some of the people attending are coming with breeds that are not used for protection or ring sports.

Any more questions, please ask

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Thank you for a wonderfull afternoon, the warm welcome, and the kind people over there...

You may still have a lot of work with your dogs over there ahead of you, but I must congratulate you on the right spirit being in your club... and of some very efficient people, like the guy in the attack-suit, and the guy helping him out (forgive me if I don't remember all names right now... I have their cards and will be able to stick faces to them... but am bone-tired). Maybe, well not maybe... they can still perfect themselves in a lot of ways, but they have the right attitude and capabilities, so I am sure this will be only a matter of time...

Hope you enjoyed our little demo as well (with Acira being pregnant it was not as good as it normally is...)...

We noticed a lot of your clubmembers were interested in dogfrisbee as well... I will pm you with some suggestions on that matter...

Once again congratulations on a wonderful afternoon...

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
From me to, thanks for the warm welcome.
After being lost for two hours in Santo Domingo we finally found our way to the premises lol
Thanks for letting us work our dogs at your apache, its alway's nice to get the change to get our dogs to bite on a complete stranger.
Obedience with Acira was absolutely not satisfactory but I knew that was going to happen, a lot of exitment the hours before with the other dogs attacking and when she is pregnant, she is extremely "deaf" for obedience commands :eek:
The attact work went fine, hitman did very well trying to escape here, did some VERY nice moves, a real challenge for Acira to try to get him and she suceeded every time but some were close, so congratulations on the hitman, absolutely!!!
I was very proud of H?rion, it was his first attact on this kind of suit with a strang hitman but he did not hesitate for a second (applaus for the attackman also for aiding this young dog!) but then he had to let loose...and that was another thing to do whoehaa, whilest trying to get him loose, I showed his teeth to the hitman...nice teeth no? lololol meantime still praising the dog for holding on. Then I decided to lift him up because he was hanging their already for quit a time so lets first get that neck in a better position for such a young dog and then I will get him of and...out of the blue their comes a man who helps to lift him up, speaks gently to him, gives him a little pinch (hey, I do also know that one you know ;), H?rion lets loose...and immediately bites back in...into the shoulder of the hitman but this time with a very full and firm bite...nice work H?rion! Again a lot of praising from three people know...oh, H?rion was enjoying himself but enough is enough (my thoughs not those of H?rion) and finally he let loose.
We let him bite a few times on a sleeve after thaat so he could run around proudly with his "prey", young dogs should alway's get the change to do that, showing of to everyone...look what I GOT!

Looking forward in meeting you guy's again!

Weasel

May 22, 2007
Acira, belgiank,

Thanks for your kind words. We are very glad you enjoyed your afternoon with us. You dogs are great, we were all very impressed.

I have forwarded the praise to the others and we hope to see you again soon.

Weasel