beef

S

Susan

Is it safe to eat the beef in the Dominican Republic. Do they import it? I was advised not to eat beef out of the Us due to Mad cow's disease-
Thanks
S

J

Jim Hinsch

Some do, some don't. When they do, you can be assured they will let you know, as you will pay a premium for it. I've never heard of any cautions placed on USA beef with regard to Mad Cow disease.

G

Gunnar

Uhh, mad? I eta never mad felt effetcts of sad cat disease.
Or was it mad dog. Or...

Nope. It is as safe as in the US. Most meat you'll find on your
plate is domestic. Some hamburger chains (no names!) might
have differrent logistic.

Bring your own salt and pepper though. Dominican "cuisine"
have a tendency to avoid these, as well as other spices.

R

Richard

I've never heard of mad cow disease being a problem in the DR. You will. most likely find that local beef tends to be tougher than US, Canadian or Argentinian beef, No doubt due to the shortage or lack of facilities for aging it such as we have in North America. Many fine restaurants will offer imported beef at a premium price.

M

mina

I advise anyone to read this web site (below) before feeling safe about eating beef anywhere.

I don't really think we can feel "safe" about beef anywhere these days. So many coverups and so much going on that nobody really hears about until it is too late.

Europeans thought they were "safe" too just like us in North America do so now. But cases of this horrifying disease are popping up there too now.

Be careful and really think before you eat!

Mina

E

Eddy

I eat Steak Tartare "Raw Beef" about once a month at (On the WATER FRONT) and it's great. The beef in the DR is certainly a lot better than in the US or Canada. No chemicals. Forget then horse shit (No ? intended) and enjoy your beef. I have to agree with Richard, other than Filet Mignon the beef has a tendency to be hard. Try pork, "the other white meat" the best in the world in the DR.

B

Bob Saunders

I would agree with you if you were saying the Chicken was better tasting but my experience is the local beef here on Vancouver Island is much superior to the DR. Here it's all natural also, no dye's, chemical....etc.