English Speaking Places...

Status
Not open for further replies.

afroski

May 12, 2007
www.georgiaflash.com
Could someone tell me where some good english speaking restaurants, bars, or cafes are in the Puerta Plata area. I'm just looking for some places to hang out in the day, get a couple of drinks and do some people watching.

I already know where to go in Sosua and Caberette but not real familiar with where to lounge and relax in POP. I am single and have been to the north coast many times and am very familiar with the singles scene, just looking for something different this time.

Also, does anyone know the name and # of a good english speaking driver for hire who could take me around POP?

I'll be there for the week of Thanksgiving next week and am lining up some things to do while on vacation. Thanks.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
in puerto plata around the malecon (ocean drive) there are several bars beach side,most of them offers some food. is a good place for people watching and grab some beers.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
you could start with Tam-tams on the malecon, or los almendros at the other end... what are you hoping to do at these places

oldislandman

Sep 1, 2002
Great place on the West end of the Malecon is Tam-Tam. If you are on the East end of the Malecon, the best place would be Rafi's casetta.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
The man that owns Tam-Tam is from Baltimore. They have or had NFL games etc. Seem like Expats hang out there. It's a nice place nothing special, but I'd go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.