Caribe Tours from SDQ to Samana

byington

Nov 2, 2009
I am going to be traveling to Samana form SDQ. I was going to rent a car but I think I will be traveling Via Caribe Tours. Can anyone tell me the current price per bus ride and about how long it takes? I have the schedule just no prices...Any specifics regarding transportation to the Bus station from the airport will help...

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
Caribe to Samana

There are now only two buses a day, each way, express via the autopista:
08.00, and 14.30 takes about 3 hours.There are also two long way round buses via San Francisco de Macoris at 07.00 and 13.30. The fare as far as Sanchez is RD$ 280, I would think no more than RD$ 50 extra to Samana. add on an extra 30 min journey time. The buses are very confortable but can get a little chilly. Take a cardigan or somehing.
The other way Autopista 08.00 and14.00, via SFM 07.00 and 13.00.
Enjoy yourself.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I am going to be traveling to Samana form SDQ. I was going to rent a car but I think I will be traveling Via Caribe Tours. Can anyone tell me the current price per bus ride and about how long it takes? I have the schedule just no prices...Any specifics regarding transportation to the Bus station from the airport will help...

there are also many air conditioned busses from station on calle barahona,just behind plaza lama on duarte,leaving from 730 am up to 430m pm..every day...very comfortable,and about 3 1/2 hours to samana...250 pesos

take a taxi from airport to bus station,about 800 to 850 pesos...
bob

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
I agree with jaguarbob, there are such buses, nicknamed in our family as sardine buses. Useless if you have a lot of luggage but when I travel with just an overnight little case I use them quite regularly.

byington

Nov 2, 2009
I was wondering if anyone could tell me the cheapest way to get to the Caribe bus station from SDQ (the airport in Santo Domingo)? Also does anyone know by chance how I get to the Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa from the Caribe Tours bus stop in Samana? Any comments would help...

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I was wondering if anyone could tell me the cheapest way to get to the Caribe bus station from SDQ (the airport in Santo Domingo)? Also does anyone know by chance how I get to the Gran Bahia Principe Cayacoa from the Caribe Tours bus stop in Samana? Any comments would help...

take a cab,about 800 pesos,right to the entrance....
same in samana,but you will also have choice of guagua there...but cab is best...
bob

Berliner

Aug 9, 2007
The 4.30 pm bus from Santo Domingo to Samana takes the new highway as well and arrives at Samana around 7 pm.

From the bus station in Samana you can see the hotel up on the hill to the right. It is a 15 - 20 min. walk if you like carrying your stuff up yourself, not recommended when it is dark, better take a taxi or one of the "moto-rikschas" that are typical for Samana.

Maybe ask the hotel for a pick-up?