Car Headlight Bulbs...where?!

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
I have several bulbs that all went on the car pretty much the day after I took it out of the dealership to have the brakes fixed. Having lost my car for 2 days for a set of brake discs, I'm reluctant to lose it again and pay for multiple taxis just to get a light bulb put in!

Those from the UK will know what I mean when I say I miss Halfords... I have called a few places who don't have the stuff I need...

Anyone know of a drive-up-get-a-new-bulb-and-drive-away place?

Thanks in advance

Steve

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Sounds like an opportunity for someone to open a NAPA or Advanced Auto Parts....or to revive Western Auto (in name)

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
Just go to any of the dozens of auto shops along 27 de Febrero between Estadio Olimpico and Tiradentes, and they will change the bulbs you need in minutes. If they don't have the right bulbs, they'll send someone immediately to go find them and return to install them. Easy and fast. Just tip the guy that puts them in, and he'll be happy too.

carl.r

Oct 22, 2007
make sure you buy 3 sets...as the first two will be either faulty or only last days

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
Steve, as we discussed yesterday we can roll into Villa Juana and any one of the road side guys can fix you up in 5 minutes. Also, those car stereo/accessory shops El Forestero mentioned are solids options and Carl.jr is right. If they're no original bulbs buy three and keep a couple in the glove compartment.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Any parts place will sell you the bulbs and there will prolly be someone right there that can install them for 50-100 pesos.