car rental in samana area

cruzan

May 3, 2006
I am heading to the Samana area the first part of December. Is there a car rental place in Bahia Principe Cayacoa? Or should I venture into Samana and look for a rental? What should the cost be? Besides not renting from someone that does business from the back of a truck, what else should I be aware of?
When I venture out watch out for chuck holes and what else?
I appreciate any and all comments as everyone has been very helpful in the past...
Also looking for property for sale..any good real estate agents I should contact.....and yes I know to rent first..
thank you very much

toursamanawithterry

Jan 30, 2009
Rent a car in Santo Domingo. They have the big names there.

Here in Samana you can rent at a real business but they don't have good insurance. The deductible is $2,500. (As someone who drives here everyday, an accident is only a motorcycle without lights or someone who has never heard of yielding in their life away. This is about every 5 min or less.)

An SUV costs about $60-$70 a day right now.

Try and use Enterprise at the airport they have the cheapest prices.

There is not an agency in Cayacoa Hotel.

Or are you flying into Samana airport? There isn't an agency there yet so your best bet would be Xamana rental in Samana. It's over near the Caribe Tours bus station.

As for property, there are all the big real estate agencies here now, Century21, RE ONE, Caldwell Banker.

I have a very good friend who works in real estate. His principle job is to investigate titles to see if the people who are selling really own the property. Once he has someone that he can trust really owns the property he will promote their land for sale.

cruzan

May 3, 2006
thank you very much. unfortunately, i have been and gone..as the saying goes. i rented a car and had a very interesting time of it. you are right about the motorcycles! came close more than a few times and each time was when a 'kid' was driving it.

thank you for the response.