Malecon Center - Do you OWE money?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
They just posted this for people that owe maintenance.

Some famous names on this list.

Pedro Martinez, Felix Sanchez etc.

maleconcenter_1.jpg

maleconcenter_2.jpg

Reactions: Adrian Bye

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
They just posted this for people that owe maintenance.

Some famous names on this list.

Pedro Martinez, Felix Sanchez etc.

maleconcenter_1.jpg

maleconcenter_2.jpg

Is it THE Pedro Martinez because it's written Pedro Martiniez ?? Plus in the observaciones it's written Acuerdo de pago

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
It may not be Pedro, but what I found interesting is the one about Procuradoria general de La Repulica - The Attorney general's office. Why would they own an apartment in this very expensive building? Who lives there if anyone? If nobody lives there then what is it used for?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
It may not be Pedro, but what I found interesting is the one about Procuradoria general de La Repulica - The Attorney general's office. Why would they own an apartment in this very expensive building? Who lives there if anyone? If nobody lives there then what is it used for?

Maybe for entertaining visiting foreign advisers on judicial and crime prevention matters or as accommodation for visitors giving seminars to the Public Ministry? Or as a safehouse for threatened high-profile witnesses in pending court cases? Or for protected important narcotraffickers whom they don't want arrested? ;)

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Maybe for entertaining visiting foreign advisers on judicial and crime prevention matters or as accommodation for visitors giving seminars to the Public Ministry? Or as a safehouse for threatened high-profile witnesses in pending court cases? Or for protected important narcotraffickers whom they don't want arrested? ;)

I wonder if anyone has looked for Sobeida in this apartment... :cheeky:

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
I'm not surprised about this list and their maintenance delinquency. I've managed several condos and it is a common practice for the powerful to avoid paying these fees with the excuse that the apartment is empty or not in use, as if maintenance, security and daily expenses is not needed for those apartments.
Wherever I took the condo presidency I changed this illegal practice and forced the condo owners to pay by threatening a lawsuit. But the threat has to have teeth with a legal notice. The other part that most condos don't practice is to impose the legal 2% interest charge on overdue maintenance fees. There are other things like using green areas and visitors' parking for personal use, parking on the sidewalks and the avenue's median(this is the worst part of owning condos in Enriquillo Avenue), illegal cable and electricity connections. And to think these are supposedly the richest people.
Of course there are great "bulteros" in this country and Gomez Diaz is one of them. He is the biggest show-off I know.
Many Bulteros are known for using debt and other people's money for their extravagant life but sooner than later it catches up with them. Look at our Hall of Fame, Ramon Baez Figueroa, Pedro Castillo, Alvarez Renta, and Felipe Mendoza having been jailed for "bultear" with our money.
Beware of those promoting golf tournaments benefiting non-profit organizations and building apartment projects using bond issues, and most of all bankers.
The newest scheme is laundering money thru auto dealerships. The majority of the cars offered for sale do not have taxes paid and have questionable ownership. Eventually the dealer will suddenly close and you'll end up with a worthless lemon in your hands. Just look at most of the dealerships on 27 de Febrero Avenue and Nunez de Caceres.
Golo

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You mean like the 32 year old that now has an additional hole in his head to go along with the four in his chest? 32 and has a car dealership on 27 de febrero??? Gimme a break!!

HB