NEED SOME LEGAL INFO.

K

katia

I would like to know if an extract of a birth certificate is legally valid in DR when asked to submit a birth certificate ?

Gracias.

Katia

S

Sean

katia,
i`am not sure what you mean by `extract` of a birth cirt.
perhaps you mean an `exact` or original?
well even if it`s not the original ,as long as it has the raised seal from the issuing office it is valid.

K

katia

It does have the raised seal and all the stamps on it but still the Embassy is giving us a hard time. Go figure.

Katia

S

Sean

I got some info

Katia,
What do you mean the embassy is giving you a hard time? will they issue you a visa with the cirtificate that you have or, do they want some other type of document? What about a passport, do you have one? that way you dont need a b.c. You can get one very quick if you have air tickets, or apply in person.that is true in the usa. What country are you citizen of or where are you applying from? good luck
sean

L

Lyse

Is it because it's an old extract???? A lot of people still believe it has to be a recent extract to be legal. If it's from the Province of Quebec, ask the registrar of civil status a copy of your act of birth which reproduces in their entirety the statements of the act (s.146 of the Civil code of Quebec).

K

katia

For Sean and Lyse

I'm sorry but I think I didn't explain myself well. That's my fault. I am married to a Dominican and I have applied to sponsor him to come and live in Quebec, Canada (Montreal). In October, I sent a bunch of documents the Canadian Embassy in Port-au-Prince, Haiti asked for including, my husband's birth certificate, our marriage certificate, a copy of his passport, etc.

The problems is that we submitted an original of my husband's extract of birth certificate. The Embassy tells us it's not enough and are requesting the original birth certificate. It is impossible to get the birth certificate.

Can anyone help ? I need suggestions, advice, etc.

Katia

L

Lyse

Re: For Sean and Lyse

Sorry just cannot help you. Since it's not the first time the Embassy is dealing with dominican birth certificates just ask them what's different with this one compared with the others..