Who runs forensic science in the DR?

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
It must be some department of the Policia Nacional. I looked at their site but could not find the info. I am asking because forensics is what I am trained to do as a job.

voo doo man

Dec 27, 2007
Forensic Science

Ladies and Gentlemen,
As one who knows the system because I am a functionary.
The Institute of Forensic Pathology is auxiliary to the Attorney General but actually is run by Salud Publica.
The Institute of Forensic Science( Tiera Dientes at 27th) is run by the Attorney General.
A third Forensic Science Lab is run by the Scientific Police.Responsible to the National Police.

voo doo man

Dec 27, 2007
Chirimoya! the INPF is next to UASD, you have it confused with the Institute of Forensic Science!
Trainman33 what do you do?
Where did you train ?
Details please!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Sorry voo doo man - I wasn't aware of the distinction but the web page gives the address as 27 con Tiradentes.

voo doo man

Dec 27, 2007
The web page does not mention Forensic Pathology, just Forensic Science. You are correct on their address but aparently did not realize they are different but related institutions.FP does autopsies FS does crime scene investigations and body recovery. In Santiago FS does autopsies also.However, the Center for Autopsies in this country is INPF(In Charge, Final Word !) not INASIF. Confusing I know!

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
The Institute of Forensic Sciences

Is what I am looking for, I am a evidence technician and not a pathologist.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
The Institute of Forensic Sciences

is what I am looking for, I am a evidence tech and not a pathologist. I have a BS in Criminal Justice from Westfield State in MA, USA and a Grad. Certificate in Forensic Investigation from Wayne State U. in MI, USA. I have also done some other studies such as a certified fingerprint course, internship with the BATF, and Spanish for Law Enforcement.

I attended the 2007 National Medicolegal Death Investigation Conference in Detroit. I participated in intensive workshops including how to identify different causes of death. These were led by Dr's. Baden, Lee and other leaders in the field. I was the only student to be invited to the conference.

/Sorry for the double post, I have a new keyboard here.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I am not in the DR right now at all, I am looking to submit a blind resume, if that isn't laughable to do in the DR.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I can't get to all pages on the INACIF site, I am getting voided javascripts on some links.
I do see that there are continuing improvements in the agency. For example a case screening mortuary opened last year and this summer the DNA lab opened. I also found a gallery of the equipment such as the GCMS and PCR machines, etc.

Last edited: