Dominicans in general are horrible people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

malikp

Aug 30, 2008
Cowards, liars, no loyalty whatsoever. Its a what have you given me lately culture. Your own family trying to get over on you.

You know its hard to see a hustler in these normal streets imagine having to worry bout it in your own house too.

Explain to me, why I buy 30 shirts for a 30 day trip and come back with 2 shirts and thats counting the one on my back. I go with 2 full suitcases and a carry on and when I leave I can put a suitcase in a suitcase while putting my carry on in another suitcase. No exaggeration either, 100% true.

At first it took me a while to figure this out but my cousin slipped up a few times so i put the clues together. I always swore I was adopted. I value truth and loyalty more than anything in the world.

I just want to say to foreigners protect ya neck. If peoples own family plottin to go over him imagine what they plan for a foreigner. My own mother warns me about her family.

Nov 25, 2008
your mother is right, if they can get over you they will, but not all are the same.

stay away from those people who never buys one round of drinks, they are called LEACHES.

malikp

Aug 30, 2008
Have you ever watched Dallas
its before my time. Im 21.

and jorgesar, this dude really made me mad. "me da verguenza tar aqui"

Just cause I said i aint gonna keep buying a beer as soon as y'all done with one. You have a dude who been poor his whole life and never bought ONE beer at the bar talkin bout how it looks bad.

I'm broke as hell with my last 200 pesos and he still wants me to buy things.

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007

Cowards, liars, no loyalty whatsoever. Its a what have you given me lately culture. Your own family trying to get over on you.

You know its hard to see a hustler in these normal streets imagine having to worry bout it in your own house too.

Explain to me, why I buy 30 shirts for a 30 day trip and come back with 2 shirts and thats counting the one on my back. I go with 2 full suitcases and a carry on and when I leave I can put a suitcase in a suitcase while putting my carry on in another suitcase. No exaggeration either, 100% true.

At first it took me a while to figure this out but my cousin slipped up a few times so i put the clues together. I always swore I was adopted. I value truth and loyalty more than anything in the world.

I just want to say to foreigners protect ya neck. If peoples own family plottin to go over him imagine what they plan for a foreigner. My own mother warns me about her family.

Wow, dude. That bad? Was this a one time experience, or the collection of various incidents? Was this just for family or Dominicans in general? I'm interested in your usage of the word "hate." It invokes particular feelings...

Lu

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR

Just cause I said i aint gonna keep buying a beer as soon as y'all done with one. You have a dude who been poor his whole life and never bought ONE beer at the bar talkin bout how it looks bad.

Your down to your last 200 pesos and your at a bar drinking. Am I understanding you right or was that just an example of how the people you are with are treating you.

malikp

Aug 30, 2008
Wow, dude. That bad? Was this a one time experience, or the collection of various incidents? Was this just for family or Dominicans in general? I'm interested in your usage of the word "hate." It invokes particular feelings...

Lu

I didnt use the word hate in that post.

Your down to your last 200 pesos and your at a bar drinking. Am I understanding you right or was that just an example of how the people you are with are treating you.

its both. But it was my last day and he knew I needed that 200 for the taxi.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
thirty shirts for thirty days? you did not expect to wash them? two suitcases full of stuff?

well, man, you brought EXTRA

they just figured you brought it for them and perhaps forgot to give it to them

next time bring a carry on

and buy some stuff here at the flea market

and tell them how glad you are that they are letting you stay with them

since you sure would not have enough money for a hotel

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008

Your family are horrible people NOT Dominicans. Why you allow people to go to your room? I'm arriving in the DR tomorrow and my mother will never allow nobody to go into my room, and why would I?

Why would you go with two full suitcases for? And on top a carry on bag!!!!
I travel just with one suitcase, just with my clothes and personal stuff. If you travel showing of all you got, of course, they're going to thing that you have money. In their mind you have money and you can buy more clothes when you get to the state especially if some your family members are poor.

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
uhh i think you mean people in YOUR family are horrible in general. what do they have to do with everyone else? i love when people lump millions of people together for some particular folks mistakes.*crappy people are everywhere. and so are good ones.

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008

You cause yourselves all the trouble, when I'm in the DR I don't buy nobody beer, first of all because I don't drink, and second of all, I don't need to buy grown up people nothing. If they want to drink they have to buy their own beer.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Call us cheap or what, but before we go Yris and I go and buy cheap jewelry, good used clothing...etc and we expect people to ask for it. When we give it away we are not giving away anything of value to us. The clothing we buy is like new, so people believe we bought new. We always get brand names that we know are popular or expensive...etc. I always give my wife's cousin Ramon two or three nice shirts and some good shoes. He really appreciates them and in return I borrow his little jeepeta. We have a plan of attack before we go -works for us.

Reactions: mountainannie

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009

Because man that is YOUR 200 pesos. And once you split that last $6 he knows for sure you got another $10,000 in the bank.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Dame algo

I don't need to buy grown up people nothing. If they want to drink they have to buy their own beer.
Well, buying someone a beer is not such a bad thing. ;)
Girls get free drinks quite often... :bunny:
However, if this is what's expected each and every time without getting at least some token in return then something is wrong... :tired:

donP

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I want to clarify, I didnt hear HATE in that post. 2. I think he came with the intention of giving the clothes away thats why he came with 2 full suitcases and a carry on And 30 shirts for 30 days And left with one suitcase(all the others compacted into the larger). I think he is upset because his family felt entitled to the clothes and not appreciative of receiving them. And also that he should be buying any and everything because he can(he might, but in their minds, he can buy anything because American is like a spaceship while dominican money is a donkey cart). Then they say to him that it looks bad if you re not a big spender, you got it, let me hold something, you supposed to live it up with us, so on and so forth...I hear where he is coming from but I dont think it is Dominicans en masse he means, unless he just needed to put that in there to meet the posting criteria of this website. Its more of "how to tell if your family are deadbeats" or "poor people are a pain in the ass" type of post. But if anything bro what you have learned here is the people you hang out with tell who what kind of person you are.

Reactions: mountainannie

malikp

Aug 30, 2008
I want to clarify, I didnt hear HATE in that post. 2. I think he came with the intention of giving the clothes away thats why he came with 2 full suitcases and a carry on And 30 shirts for 30 days And left with one suitcase(all the others compacted into the larger). I think he is upset because his family felt entitled to the clothes and not appreciative of receiving them. And also that he should be buying any and everything because he can(he might, but in their minds, he can buy anything because American is like a spaceship while dominican money is a donkey cart). Then they say to him that it looks bad if you re not a big spender, you got it, let me hold something, you supposed to live it up with us, so on and so forth...I hear where he is coming from but I dont think it is Dominicans en masse he means, unless he just needed to put that in there to meet the posting criteria of this website. Its more of "how to tell if your family are deadbeats" or "poor people are a pain in the ass" type of post. But if anything bro what you have learned here is the people you hang out with tell who what kind of person you are.
this dude got it, somewhat. I came with half a suitcase and carry on with my stuff. The other stuff was to give away. If I bring thirty shirts they're usually all I got, im a low middle class guy.

The last line, who else am I gonna hang out with in Moca? Its either my family or solitary confinement. :/

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Well, now you know, your family are deadbeats. What you gonna do? Shoot you may be better off alone, or go out in the campo where they ask for less because they dont know nothing? Bring a goat and a harmonica.
Of course I have no idea of why you need to travel with 30 shirts, low middle class guy? I m like damn, they dont have lavanderias en Moca? Man, I wear one shirt for 3 days, wash it and get on with my week. You know many of these people only have ONE pair of clothes and there you go showing off with 30 shirts? WTF man? I figured you were wearing them washing them and then giving them away. A new shirt everyday? Man, I bought 12 shirts total, 6 dress shirts and 6 summer shirts, 2 sweaters, 4 business suits, 2 pair of shoes(black/brown), 1 pair of tenis(my Adidas), 1 pair of sandals, 4 pairs of pants. 4 pairs of socks and 245 condoms. THAT is how you pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.