Expat Murdered in Puerto Plata (Costambar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Norwegian beaten to death in Costambar
posted on: Dec 31 2009 11:3 by TheReporter

Tore Wilhelm Karlsen, a 59-year-old Norwegian was found dead, bound hand and foot inside his apartment. Police say the body showed evidence of being beaten with a blunt instrument and had several puncture wounds.

Police say it is probable that he died of internal bleeding and lack of immediate medical attention.

Neighbors found the body in a pool of blood at 8:00 am on Wednesday morning. The TV had been left at full volume suggesting the attackers used it to cover up any noise.

The reason for the murder is not yet determined but police have not ruled out theft.

Colonel Fran*cia Her*n?n*dez is leading the investigation, and Jose Martinez Montan is the Fiscal.

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
according to todays' DR1 news of the 145 violent deaths in december, 23 were foreigners. it doesn't say if those "foreigners" were haitians but i don't like those odds. that's about 1 out of 6. also, before everyone jumps all over me, i'm not suggesting it's OK to kill haitians, that haitians don't matter, or anything negative haitian. i'm just pointing out some scary numbers.............

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Thats interesting data and scary. Would be interesting to see some more info on that. But most likely they are Haitians many of them. Which would not be surprising either as there are about a million of them living here.

Chrismic

Mar 28, 2008
The police in Puerto Plata believe they had caught the person that killed MR. Karlsen.
A few days after Karlsen was murder in Costamar, was it another killing in a apartment in Sosua, where a Canadian was shot and killed.
In the same apartment found police a German citizen bound on his arms and legged, and was alive.
Since this German was bound one same way as Karlsen, believe they he is murder of Karlsen also.
The suspect worked as a security guard in the building where the Canadian was killed, to avoid be suspect had this 25 years old security guard shot himself in his leg.

Police believe this security guard are behind both killings. And they try find a another man they believe also was involved in this killings.

Karlsen visited DR every year from October to May, when he was in Norway worked he as a driver for a Norwegian company, he was separated from his Norwegian wife, but not divorced and when he was in Norway lived he in his wife house.
They believe the killers stole around 40 000 peso from him.
His brother and Son that also was in Costamar when this happen, The family has come with a reward of 100 000 peso to the person that find the murder.

This is from the headline story from The Norwegian Newspaper VG today, I believe this information will soon also come in DR media too,

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
The RD $100.000 reward that is offered by the family should entice the local Police enough into getting to the bottom of this hideous crime...

donP

Dec 14, 2008
PN with Success?

The RD $100.000 reward that is offered by the family should entice the local Police enough into getting to the bottom of this hideous crime...
... and present some poor devil (Haitian ?) as the culprit. :tired:

But I do hope that the true murderer is caught and will rot in prison.

donP

Status
Not open for further replies.