Celuisma Playa Dorada, DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccr

Aug 2, 2005
5 1/2 weeks to go and we are on our way. Can't wait to get away from the cold here in Saskatoon, SK.

I have been reading the reviews about the Celuisma, Playa Dorada and it sounds great. I have also just read a blurb from the resort and they say there is no smoking on the grounds. My husband is a smoker and I quit years and years ago. His comment is that we wont be going back there. Anyone know exactly what the 'no smoking' ban is? Is it just the room, I don't let him smoke in the room anyway, just on the balcony or right outside. Is there smoking on the beach, or the grounds or do you have to go right off the grounds.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

travelchik

Jan 26, 2007
My husband and I spent a night there last week (got bumped off our flight and needed a place to stay) and there didn't seem to be any sort of smoking ban while we were there.

We saw people smoking on the beach, in the bar areas, the lobby lounge area and even in the restaurants while we had dinner and again at breakfast. People were quite open about it and none of the staff said a word to them. There were ashtrays provided in all the areas that I mentioned.

There was also an ashtray in the room we stayed in, and I saw no signs on any of the other rooms doors that denoted smoking or non-smoking rooms.

Enjoy your holiday! :)

ccr

Aug 2, 2005
My husband and I spent a night there last week (got bumped off our flight and needed a place to stay) and there didn't seem to be any sort of smoking ban while we were there.

We saw people smoking on the beach, in the bar areas, the lobby lounge area and even in the restaurants while we had dinner and again at breakfast. People were quite open about it and none of the staff said a word to them. There were ashtrays provided in all the areas that I mentioned.

There was also an ashtray in the room we stayed in, and I saw no signs on any of the other rooms doors that denoted smoking or non-smoking rooms.

Enjoy your holiday! :)

Thanks for your quick replay. I am sure we will enjoy the trip.

DRNED

Oct 28, 2009
We stayed there on our trip up that way and smoked in the room in the bar area ad there is a designated area in the eating area for smokers and so the ban isn't really in place.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
this resort is so not worth the money...

Talk about pi**ing on someones parade! I was once checking into a hotel in JD and a guy sat in reception told me not to bother because it was a cr** hotel. We had a great time and even tried to go back for christmas!

Enjoy your trip and judge for yourself!

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
celuisma is an average hotel with a great beach.

your trip will be what you make of it and i hope you have a great time!

ccr

Aug 2, 2005
Thanks for all the replys. We plan to have an enjoyable time. We see our place in our price range, check it out thoroughly and then go for it. We make up our own minds about a place. We have gone to more expensive places and found them about the same or worse then the cheaper ones. We go for a holiday, and I am on a limited diet and as long as they have pastas, eggs & buns or bread I will be fine, and as long as there is a beach we wont be in the room all the much. We have been to Playa Dorada before and know what it is like.

Status
Not open for further replies.