Satellite TV Service

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Does anyone know where I can get information on Satellite TV Service in the DR? Specifically providers, where to buy the dish and all those details. Is it worth getting the service in the DR? I have hear you can get SKY or Direct TV but I have not been able to confirm this.

Much appreciated,

Lu

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I am not sure, but I think you can open up an account with DirectTV in the USA, and then set up a huge parabola in the DR to pick up Direct TV signal while using your USA card in the receiver.

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Sd

Where abouts are you?
There is a SKY supplier in Sosua in the plaza by Edenorte.

I am in Santo Domingo and thought there was like an official supplier/provider that offered the service here. I have seen people with satellite dishes here, but I am wondering is there an office where you can purchase the service? Is DirecTV the only satellite service you can get here?

Lu

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Does anyone know where I can get information on Satellite TV Service in the DR? Specifically providers, where to buy the dish and all those details. Is it worth getting the service in the DR? I have hear you can get SKY or Direct TV but I have not been able to confirm this.

Much appreciated,

Lu

The number for SKY 809 200 1010 jose jiminez speaks english.

Get the supreme package for all the movie channels and you can order sports as well like NBA pass and NFL Sunday ticket for everything I pay about RD 2000 per month

Reactions: TOOBER_SDQ

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
I get DISH here in the DR by signing up in the US. I pay for two receivers. One I brought down here. With the installation of a six foot dish I get everything that I get in the states. I've had no problems at all (except for occasional 'rain-outs'). Since I'm splitting my time between here and the US, I am quite satisfied with the arrangment. Some people have no problem dealing with FTA approaches, but I've retired after almost 50 years as a computer programmer, and NEVER want to deal with 'codes' again!!!!

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I get DISH here in the DR by signing up in the US. I pay for two receivers. One I brought down here. With the installation of a six foot dish I get everything that I get in the states. I've had no problems at all (except for occasional 'rain-outs'). Since I'm splitting my time between here and the US, I am quite satisfied with the arrangment. Some people have no problem dealing with FTA approaches, but I've retired after almost 50 years as a computer programmer, and NEVER want to deal with 'codes' again!!!!

Have DISH consolidated into all programming onto one satellite? Would be great news for me. A while back, I needed 3-6' dishes to pick up most of the programming. 5 for someone wanted HD and international channels.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
The expats I know with SKY are not thrilled with the channel selection, but it might be OK for a native.[/QUOTE]

It's not the greatest selection but I download all the new Blockbuster movies before they show up on Dish or anywhere for only U.S. $4.95 / month Graboid Video

Combine that with all of the online tv available and I pay for a U.S. IP address which means I have everything you could possibly care to watch!
Hulu - Watch your favorites. Anytime. For free.

I do miss pygmy wrestling and dwarf tossing from the Phillipines as I just don't get that channel any more

forumid123

Jan 9, 2010
tfs

Thanks For Sharing

smile.gif

TOOBER_SDQ

Bronze
Nov 19, 2008
Mr Lu.

I live in Santo Domingo (Este) and just had Sky installed last month.

So far I am pleased with it.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
If I was in the DR, I would get a DirecTV account in the USA and install one of those big dishes in the roof in order to have the best programming available.

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
I first tried Direct but the installer couldn't bring in CBS (Channel 2 in NYC). However he said that Dish would get it. I canceled Direct, signed up for Dish and I get CBS, NBC, ABC, etc., just as I do in the US. all from one six foot dish.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I first tried Direct but the installer couldn't bring in CBS (Channel 2 in NYC). However he said that Dish would get it. I canceled Direct, signed up for Dish and I get CBS, NBC, ABC, etc., just as I do in the US. all from one six foot dish.

My son is going to send me a Dish receiver next week....
Did you look into HD with dish ?

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I noticed that Dish has different HD receivers available. Do you have any knowledge of which one would be the right one ? He's setting this up for me this week.