Specific Hotel Info for Sosua?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2006
I'm looking for several pieces of info for any hotel in Sosua.

What I want for each hotel is:

Hotel Name
Phone Number
Address
Approx Number of Rooms
Room rate per day, basic
TV?
AC?
Pool?
Chica Friendly?
Food Service?
Bar?
Public Computer?
Other Info

So for example:

Rockys Blues Bar (based on their web-site)
(809) 571-2951
Calle Dr. Rosen # 24, El Batey
6 rooms, bungalos
$25
TV
A/C in some rooms
No Pool
Chica Friendly
Full Restaurant
Bar
Internet Available at bar
Condos available starting at $225/week

Romanoff
(809) 571-3242
Calle Ayuntamiento
20 rooms?
$35? Haggle
No TV in room (TV at Bar)
No A/C
Pool
Chica Friendly
Bar
Some food
No Internet
Off the beaten track

I'd like to put this all on a spread sheet so it is all in one place.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Why are writing "Full Restaurant" at Rocky, and "some food" at Romanoff ?
Romanoff has a very good restaurant, breakfast, lunch and dinner, very good Thai food and German / international food. Think they are better than Rockys.

May 29, 2006
Oh, then that's changed since I've been out there. When I was last in town they just had breakfast service. It was also $35 a night the last time I stayed there and that's prob changed too.

There are many many hotels in Sosua and I'm looking for info on all of them, esp the hotels with fewer than 30 rooms. Eventually I'd like to put it all on spreadsheet and map.

May 29, 2006
Here was a review for Romanoff on this site from a few years back. I'm guessing they've had a change of management:

===
Just returned home from my trip to sosua. I found a hotel online called romanoff hotel. I didnt really know much about the hotel , but I made reservation for 6 days, since i couldn't find another hotel. This hotel has got to be the worst hotel in Sosua. They dont have curtains on their windows, I couldn't even get a good night sleep ,i was getting a tan sleeping in the bed in the morning..there is no water pressure, i didnt even have a good shower all the time i was there. On top of that the bed was so hard I was having back pain, not to mention there are many dominicans that live in the hotel with there families, so i have to deal with the noise early in the morning , kids crying , people spanking their kids. I kept looking for another hotel to stay, but the hotels in sosua were full , because of the high tourist season. after the 4th day I finally found a hotel called villa chessa, a very clean , quite hotel, So i went back to romanoff to check out at 10:00am in the morning. I had 2 more days remaining , and they told me they would only refund me 1 day. When i complained about the hotel , they ask me what the hell do i expect for $35.00 per night, they told me i didn"t have to stay at their hotel. This hotel is the worse hotel in sosua. I will never even wake by this hotel again, and i wouldn't even recommend this hotel to anyone ..
===

They still don't seem to have a website. I can't see how anyplace can make it in Sosua without discovering that newfangled internet thing.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
The restaurant is independent from the Hotel. It's run by 3 Germans, and is very popular among expats. The hotel itself is managed by other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.