And the 20 Articles clogging information still there

Sep 4, 2012
Systematically, by design and not by choice of the community, the owners of DR1 have decided what information is worth for us to read, follow, reply, converse, and talk about - leading the horses to water, just as any good communist regime.

This isn't my site, I do not pay for it, but it was intended to be a "community" as it has been expressed so many times by the same people that now force on to us, what to read and follow.

Let the community pick and chose what to post, read, reply and comment on, stop systematically feeding 25 articles, perhaps more (count them yourself) per day right on the front page of the site. No, we do not pay a penny, neither are we the owners of the site (no need to repeat it Alter Ego), but this is a free to reach "community" with the intend to discuss stuff that affect us all, therefore we should have a say.

If the paradigm of ownership would be swiftly brought on to us thrown righ on our faces by ALter Ego as Mod, then, this isn't a community any-longer, and it has deteriorated to become straight forward a dictatorship.

The articles aren't even originals, they are a copy of articles from local newspapers - we come here to discuss what we've decided is important for our community and not necessarily newspapers articles.

Summarize them, rolled all into one post and post them once during the day and stop clogging the information arteries of the front page.

Allow the community to post, reply, comment and discourse as we chose.

Again, no, we aren't the owners of the site - no need to repeat yourself Alter Ego - now feel free to close this one as well. Yet another proof on "super authority and super powers of a super moderator."

Sep 4, 2012
I happen to be a fan of the articles/news being integrated into the forum.

Hey John, I suppose you do pay a fee here, how much?

Asking because I see you are using this site to promote yours under your username or does that comes free too?

I would be a fan too, if the latter is a fact.

• Angry
Reactions: MikeFisher
Sep 22, 2009
Hey John, I suppose you do pay a fee here, how much?

Asking because I see you are using this site to promote yours under your username or does that comes free too?

I would be a fan too, if the latter is a fact.
I rather enjoy the new format as well. That's all he said. I see kinda why you have so many posts and low rated content. The hits just keep on coming compa!

Sep 22, 2009
I never read DT. Never knew about it. When my Dominican stripper gf and I decided to move here she researched on DR1. I never looked back.

I do see the everything name your gringo rights towns folks always posting that news though. :unsure: so I generally view DT as fake news

Reactions: Caonabo

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
That's because Dominican today is simply using Google Translate from the articles of Diario Libre and others. Thats why the grammar is so off. Some things in Spanish cannot be properly translated into English with a translator.

GringoRubio

Bronze
Oct 15, 2015
Systematically, by design and not by choice of the community, the owners of DR1 have decided what information is worth for us to read, follow, reply, converse, and talk about - leading the horses to water, just as any good communist regime.

That's exactly why I left for a few years. IMHO, I was trolled by a moderator and then highly censored. It is what it is and they are definitely not running a democracy.

That and the community has a mean streak. Not just witty sarcasm which I'd enjoy, but constant petty bickering by people with too much time on their hands.

Not sure why I surfaced again. I guess I crave a shared experience with similar people.

For instance, my quiet little street erupted in a street brawl last night. One neighbor landed an empty rum bottle on another's forehead. They both called in their extended family and there was a bottle and knife fight in the street. Considering it takes 3 hours to get an ambulance (another story) the police showed up in minutes with truck that had bench seating for 20. Rubber bullets. Arrests. Lots of defiance. Blood from knife cuts and broken bottles.

Honestly, where else do you find people that relate to that?

Sep 22, 2009

This isn't my site, I do not pay for it, but it was intended to be a "community" as it has been expressed so many times by the same people that now force on to us, what to read and follow.

Let the community pick and chose what to post, read, reply and comment on, stop systematically feeding 25 articles, perhaps more (count them yourself) per day right on the front page of the site. No, we do not pay a penny, neither are we the owners of the site (no need to repeat it Alter Ego), but this is a free to reach "community" with the intend to discuss stuff that affect us all, therefore we should have a say.

If the paradigm of ownership would be swiftly brought on to us thrown righ on our faces by ALter Ego as Mod, then, this isn't a community any-longer, and it has deteriorated to become straight forward a dictatorship.

The articles aren't even originals, they are a copy of articles from local newspapers - we come here to discuss what we've decided is important for our community and not necessarily newspapers articles.

Summarize them, rolled all into one post and post them once during the day and stop clogging the information arteries of the front page.

Allow the community to post, reply, comment and discourse as we chose.
²
Again, no, we aren't the owners of the site - no need to repeat yourself Alter Ego - now feel free to close this one as well. Yet another proof on "super authority and super powers of a super moderator."
It's a website bud. You need a Xanax or something. It's a private entity, go wave a banner in the plaza banderas. I was just suspended for 30 days. So what? Was I treated with bias, absolutely! But the suspension is over And I'm back on chatting with my pals W2 and WindedGuy and it's a blast compadre. Don't be a hater, be a lova!

Andre14615

Banned
May 31, 2019
That's exactly why I left for a few years. IMHO, I was trolled by a moderator and then highly censored. It is what it is and they are definitely not running a democracy.

That and the community has a mean streak. Not just witty sarcasm which I'd enjoy, but constant petty bickering by people with too much time on their hands.

Not sure why I surfaced again. I guess I crave a shared experience with similar people.

For instance, my quiet little street erupted in a street brawl last night. One neighbor landed an empty rum bottle on another's forehead. They both called in their extended family and there was a bottle and knife fight in the street. Considering it takes 3 hours to get an ambulance (another story) the police showed up in minutes with truck that had bench seating for 20. Rubber bullets. Arrests. Lots of defiance. Blood from knife cuts and broken bottles.

Things like that must be recorded and uploaded to social media.

Sep 22, 2009

That's some real ghetto shite. I think, and this may be a guess based on my nearly 17 years here now, that biased community boards are not your main issue.