President Luis Abinader tours Pedernales

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Luis-Abinader-Pedernales-El-Dinero-e1598877799311.jpeg

On Saturday and Sunday, President Luis Abinader, First Lady Raquel Arbaje, and their daughter Esther toured Pedernales, the southwestern province now targeted to become the next great Dominican destination.

The media reports that in Pedernales, President Abinader met with Administrative Minister of the Presidency Jose Paliza, Minister of the Presidency Lisandro Macarrulla, Environment Minister Orlando Jorge Mera, Health Minister Plutarco Arias and members of the civil society of Pedernales. Abinader also met with key businessmen. On Sunday he toured Bahia de las Aguilas. He was accompanied by Tourism Minister David Collado.

Abinader said he would follow up on positive actions taken by the past administration. “Today in Pedernales, we talked with those who represent the hotel sector. We shared ideas about the actions we can implement to work as a team in a...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
I've been to Perdanales twice. Not sure what is going to attract tourists.

I hope that the new President also spends a bit of focus in helping the north coast tourist industry as well.

Especially given that Jose Paliza, Administrative Minister of the Presidency has the connection in the north coast.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I've been to Perdanales twice. Not sure what is going to attract tourists.
Bahia de las Aguilas, Cabo Rojo, the former bauxite mines, Hoyo de Pelempito, Sierra de Bahoruco National Park, Laguna de Oviedo, the wind farm.

Provided of course they don't kill the goose that laid the golden egg with unsustainable large scale developments it the way they have in certain other parts of the country.