President promotes policeman who stood up to the Montecristi senator

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Jose-Antonio-Pimentel-El-Nuevo-Diario-e1606229772322.jpg

On Monday, President Luis Abinader promoted Montecristi police second lieutenant Salvador Sanchez, who resisted law-breaking demands by the Montecristi senator Ramón Antonio Pimentel Gomez (Moreno Arias). Sánchez refused to release a close friend of the legislator who was under arrest at the police station. A video went viral with the exchange between the senator and the Police, leading to the President’s decision. The policeman was right and the senator was wrong in his action.

“I am arranging the promotion of 2nd Lieutenant Salvador Sanchez, commander of the police detachment in Castañuelas, Montecristi, as recognition of the fulfillment of his duty and his attachment to the law,” said the President in a tweet on Monday, 23 November 2020.

Montecristi senator for the ruling PRM, Ramón Antonio Pimentel Gómez (Moreno Arias) had visited the Castañuelas...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I bet that senator got an earful as well. He apologized today.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Abinader is the new man in charge....... and is acting like it !!

If you think he's kidding -- you're kidding yourself!!!
I am cautiously optimistic. Only 3 months in charge but he appears to be starting out on the right foot in several areas, like taking on corruption. I am very happy that they have started the completion of the touristico road from Puerto Plata to Santiago. I drove back to Santiago on it yesterday and was impressed by how much man power and equipment were at work to complete the 25% left un completed by Danilo. I figured the project was 100% funded but the 25% left undone was what went into various pockets in the past administration.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Ok, not happy about his actions here. I have made my feelings about the curfews many times on DR1 so it should come as no surprise to any regular visitor.

Reactions: CristoRey