Spectacular robbery of propane gas station in eastern Santo Domingo

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Asalto-Mameyes-Listin-Diario.png

The robbery of a propane gas station in Los Mameyes in eastern Santo Domingo is described as a scene in a crime movie by the neighbors. A pick-up truck remained parked outside the station for hours on Monday, 23 May 2022. Waiting. Then when the security truck arrived, several masked and heavily armed men got out and successfully carried out the assault of a Dominican Watchman cash security operation, and RD$9 million. The robbery was captured on a video that circulated on Tuesday, 24 May. The video is dated Saturday, 21 May, nevertheless.

Listin Diario reports their sources say the vehicle used in the robbery had been stolen earlier from a man in San Rafael del Yuma, in the southeast.

The spokesman for the Police, Diego Pesqueira says the investigations have just started. Minister of Interior and Police Jesus Vasquez told Listin Diario people have to be patient as the government...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Even wearing vests.
Nothing like training and prep to make sure things go according to plan.
Wonder if these crooks have military training.
Get the feeling these guys will not be caught anytime soon unless one has a vindictive girlfriend.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
The guy at the gate appear to have had some sort of military training. Well planed and carried out. I would not be surprised if all members of the group are current military or PN members. Or perhaps even dishonorably discharged members???

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Look at 47 seconds into the video. I'm sure he goes to the guy in the camioneta parked out front and asks him for a sweet. He points his gun in the window, then takes something and puts it in his mouth. Doesn't he?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
The guy at the gate appear to have had some sort of military training. Well planed and carried out. I would not be surprised if all members of the group are current military or PN members. Or perhaps even dishonorably discharged members???
Every single heist like this planned/ executed the last ten years has involved the PN or Military (current and former) do give them a couple of days and they will make the announcement in the press.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Scum bags !! one dic showed his face. They are marked men now.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
There was a robbery in a Colmado as well and the assailents didn't bother to wear hats OR masks, and the colmado had excellent video recording equipment. If I saw one in the street I'd recognize him. That's chutzpa.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
There was a robbery in a Colmado as well and the assailents didn't bother to wear hats OR masks, and the colmado had excellent video recording equipment. If I saw one in the street I'd recognize him. That's chutzpa.

Yes I saw this an acquaintance sent me the video on WhatsApp. The first thing to cross my mind was: the 'cocos' on these fools to not even ware a surgical mask. I don't think it's chutzpa, it's more like stupidity. Perhaps a bit of both?