Juan Lladó: Social peace, the added value of DR tourism

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Juan-Llado-Hoy-1024x968.png

In an interview with Hoy, long-time tourism consultant Juan Lladó pointed out that social peace is the added value of tourism in the Dominican Republic. Lladó said that the other two key qualities that make the country the most competitive destination in the Caribbean are the friendliness of the people and attractive pricing.

Lladó explained that social peace is a vital for the destination to maintain the levels of competitiveness it has been able to achieve. “There is not one thing that scares tourism away more than any disorder or shooting. That damages the image of a destination,” he remarked.

“Crime in the tourist zones is under control, according to Politur statistics, and fortunately, we have had no terrorist acts,” says the well-informed Lladó.

He stressed that for years the Dominican Republic has best been known for the friendly attitude of the population towards foreign...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Will be interesting to see how Pedernales takes off being so close to the Haitian border. People think that even Ans-a-Pitre has a gang problem like Port-au-Prince.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
This country is going thru a serious crime wave as we speak.
My advice to tourist traveling down here who don't speak Spanish
would be to stay at a resort or in one of the tourist enclaves like Samana,
Las Terranas or Sosua.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Will be interesting to see how Pedernales takes off being so close to the Haitian border. People think that even Ans-a-Pitre has a gang problem like Port-au-Prince.
I have thought about this to. My guess is it will be flooded with Haitians looking for work. I have heard there are many in Punta Cana - Bavaro Beach.

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Of course, most service business have a "front of the house" and a "back of the house".
Guess where the Haitians work.
:unsure: