Alexander Schad (CEO Schad Logistics) in Pesos Pesados

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Anyone that have seen the Schad trucks around SD, this is how it started. His grandfather was Swiss and immigrated from Europe in 1920. He founded Schad, the Dominican company that exist now.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
I see them on the road almost every day, seems to be doing fine. Smaller trucks than the Henriques trucks.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I see them on the road almost every day, seems to be doing fine. Smaller trucks than the Henriques trucks.
Most of their trucks are privately owned. The owners get business letting them use their trucks for advertising.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
In 39:17, when the discussion is about the expansion of Schad which lead to the company now being in several countries in the Caribbean islands and Mexico, he mentions that expanding internationally has been an educating experience. He is asked why he says that and responds that at first you think the countries in the Caribbean are similar to each other, but then realize they are of very different cultures. Then he mentions as an example don’t confuse a Jamaican with a Trinidadian, and then the female panelist confirms that she knows that from experience because one time she made that mistake. Then she went on to say it’s similar when people confuse her for a Puerto Rican, Dominicans don’t like it while recognizing that Dominicans are more relaxed about that than between Jamaicans and Trinidadians.

Keep in mind that both Jamaica and Trinidad & Tobago were both of the British Empire and English continue to be their official language. I guess that’s why she used the example of Dominicans vs Puerto Ricans given the same language and having a similar Spanish colonial past.

Alexander Schad confirms the culturecand understandings is very different from island to island.