Acupuncture in Santiago

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
A dear friend in Santiago recently had an episode of Bell's Palsy. She's still beautiful to me, but not so much to herself. A friend in the states had the same thing, went to an acupuncturist, and had nearly immediate results. She's been here (U.S.) many times but can't come right now. Does anyone have any leads, preferably in Santiago? TYIA.

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
A dear friend in Santiago recently had an episode of Bell's Palsy. She's still beautiful to me, but not so much to herself. A friend in the states had the same thing, went to an acupuncturist, and had nearly immediate results. She's been here (U.S.) many times but can't come right now. Does anyone have any leads, preferably in Santiago? TYIA.
I should add that we found a few places online, but I'm hoping for a referral from someone who's done it.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Not sure if she knows this, but the Bell's palsy facial drooping is sometimes temporary.

I had it after an episode of shingles. It affected the right side of my face and my right eye. I had to wear an eye shield for a while since I couldn't close or blink that eye. The drooping corrected itself by the time I no longer needed the shield.

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Not sure if she knows this, but the Bell's palsy facial drooping is sometimes temporary.

I had it after an episode of shingles. It affected the right side of my face and my right eye. I had to wear an eye shield for a while since I couldn't close or blink that eye. The drooping corrected itself by the time I no longer needed the shield.

Thanks for sharing your personal experience. Her doctor told her the same thing, but she's both impatient and concerned it will either remain or recur. Interesting that you had it after a shingles episode as one of the articles I read indicated it may be caused by a virus, although no one knows the cause for sure.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com