Crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2007
I am told the first election results will be available at 8:00 p.m.

Already in Jamao the horns honking and sounds of motores racing is crazy. People truly get excited about this.

Is this just Jamao or is it happening elsewhere?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
It's quiet where I am in Cabarete but I'm a little bit outside of town. Still, I'm surprised this year by the lack of political caravanas going though town this past week. For the last election, there were quite a few of them. Even for the local elections about a month ago there were a couple caravanas causing huge traffic jams.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I did not hear a thing yesterday in Cabarete. I guess the results were a forgone conclusion.

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
I was in Santiago on election day. Fairly long lines at some polling places, but as Windeguy said of Cabarete, not the expected noise on the day of nor those leading up to. I found it interesting that D.R. has an election DAY, not week or month or two, and people have to show photo ID to vote. What a concept!

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I did not hear a thing yesterday in Cabarete. I guess the results were a forgone conclusion.
Same here. Not even a sound truck. No caravans. No honking horns. Just another quiet Sunday night

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I was in Santiago on election day. Fairly long lines at some polling places, but as Windeguy said of Cabarete, not the expected noise on the day of nor those leading up to. I found it interesting that D.R. has an election DAY, not week or month or two, and people have to show photo ID to vote. What a concept!
Imagine having to show your national ID with your picture and having that confirmed on a printout by an election official where I come from like they did when I voted on Sunday in Cabarete....

Reactions: bob saunders

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Imagine having to show your national ID with your picture and having that confirmed on a printout by an election official where I come from like they did when I voted on Sunday in Cabarete....

We all have a dream.

Reactions: windeguy

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
But wait can poor people of color get IDs ?
Isn't that voter suppression ?

Reactions: Joseph NY2STI

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Great to see a quiet election. First time for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.