Kenya President to meet US President Biden for talks on Haiti

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
William-Ruto-Presidente-Kenia-Pagina-Oficial-X-1024x565.png
Kenya President William Ruto / Official Page / X

Kenya President William Ruto is on a state visit in the United States. The visit coincides with the reaching out of the Haiti Transitional Presidential Council to congratulate President Luis Abinader on winning his bid for reelection. The new acting governance in Haiti is opening the channel for future talks with the Dominican government.

President William Ruto of Kenya on Thursday, 23 May 2024 will become the first President of Kenya to meet with a US President in the past 15 years. The talks with US President Joe Bien are expected to focus on the UN-backed multinational mission and Kenya police deployment to restore order in Haiti. While in the US capital, Ruto is also scheduled to meet with US Senate Leadership Majority Leader Charles Schumer and to address a Black Caucus at the US Library of Congress. On...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Looks like the Kenya elite 200 might get stuck in Florida. That pesky supreme court in Kenya might stop them.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Honest, why would Kenya send their own troops over to Haiti? Let them solve their problem on their own, even better dismantle the country once for all.

MoJoInDR

Aug 23, 2023
Austin, Texas
Honest, why would Kenya send their own troops over to Haiti? Let them solve their problem on their own, even better dismantle the country once for all.

I realize history may not be of interest to many people... But in case it is...

"Between 1778 and 1782 the French provided supplies, arms and ammunition, uniforms, and, most importantly, troops and naval support to the beleaguered Continental Army. The French navy transported reinforcements, fought off a British fleet, and protected Washington's forces in Virginia."

Having help from other countries is not an unusual thing... Even for the country in which "...Miami..." is located.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Good to see someone getting the drift of what may be happening.
The ball everyone should be keeping their eye on is Kenya’s dire finances. Check out its GDP to debt ratio, the current declining value of it’s Schilling and its negative financial forecast. It desperately needs help from the IMF for a bailout and support from the US to get that help. That’s the real reason they are engaged in a dog and pony show in Haiti and sucking up to the current US Administration.

The Kenyan government doesn’t give a rat‘s posterior about the plight of the Haitians. They do care about the opportunity it gives them to appear as saviours and the political credit that comes with it.

MoJoInDR

Aug 23, 2023
Austin, Texas
The ball everyone should be keeping their eye on is Kenya’s dire finances. Check out its GDP to debt ratio, the current declining value of it’s Schilling and its negative financial forecast. It desperately needs help from the IMF for a bailout and support from the US to get that help. That’s the real reason they are engaged in a dog and pony show in Haiti and sucking up to the current US Administration.

The Kenyan government doesn’t give a rat‘s posterior about the plight of the Haitians. They do care about the opportunity it gives them to appear as saviours and the political credit that comes with it.
Any port in a storm... It's just normal human behavior.

MoJoInDR

Aug 23, 2023
Austin, Texas
This video report on Haiti came up in my YouTube feed this morning. I listened to it and have to say that it is, in my opinion, a pretty non-political/cultural or other similar bias, well thought-out and presented, thorough but concise breakdown of the present situation.

I think the presenter may have been in the US military and presents points in a matter-of-fact kind of way... Which I found refreshing.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
This video report on Haiti came up in my YouTube feed this morning. I listened to it and have to say that it is, in my opinion, a pretty non-political/cultural or other similar bias, well thought-out and presented, thorough but concise breakdown of the present situation.

I think the presenter may have been in the US military and presents points in a matter-of-fact kind of way... Which I found refreshing.

Are you an influencer

• Haha
Reactions: Ecoman1949

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

Clear and concise is the military way if they don't have political interference.

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
The ball for Biden is Gaza not Haiti. Haiti is a distraction for him. Gaza is his focus because his support for Israel is costing him votes. He‘s the main funder of the Haitian intervention. If he doesn’t get good results in Haiti quickly, he can stop further funding long before the November election. The UN has to carry the ball after that and Haiti would be left to suck the UN funding hind teat. Rebuilding Gaza is the UN priority and it will take every cent they can raise to do the job. Even the massive starvation and deaths in the Sudan are taking a back seat to Gaza.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
The ball for Biden is Gaza not Haiti. Haiti is a distraction for him. Gaza is his focus because his support for Israel is costing him votes. He‘s the main funder of the Haitian intervention. If he doesn’t get good results in Haiti quickly, he can stop further funding long before the November election. The UN has to carry the ball after that and Haiti would be left to suck the UN funding hind teat. Rebuilding Gaza is the UN priority and it will take every cent they can raise to do the job. Even the massive starvation and deaths in the Sudan are taking a back seat to Gaza.
Biden has nothing to do with it. This is being done by his handlers.

j_d66

Nov 1, 2012

Interesting report and quite well done without any agenda which is nice to see.

MoJoInDR

Aug 23, 2023
Austin, Texas
Let's try again...

Haiti is a country that is a founding member of the UN... As such, where UN-member support is concerned, Haiti takes precedence over any non-member entity... And accordingly receives America's support.