Dominican Families at Bronx Rally ?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I was amused by the rally in the Bronx, where their is a large Dominican presence .
But if you watch the following clip you will see the Dominican's, wrapped or waving Dominican flags cheering at the rally.
Yes I am sure this thread will be closed :mad: but I am seriously curious what Dominican members who have family in the US think and why?

Snap20.jpg

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I moved this to Dominicans Abroad, and will leave it open as long as it is about Dominican family and friends at the rally and not about you-know-who.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
The Dominicans have passion for baseball and politics as well. Walking around the city (S.D) for the last several months, it amazes me at the number of political posters and billboards.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The Dominicans have passion for baseball and politics as well. Walking around the city (S.D) for the last several months, it amazes me at the number of political posters and billboards.
It was less this year than prior - probably because Abinader was a shoe-in. But then who cleans up for the mess - Shouldn't the candidates be fined for not taking down their billboards and posters ?

Reactions: irishpaddy and Big

Big

Apr 24, 2019
It was less this year than prior - probably because Abinader was a shoe-in. But then who cleans up for the mess - Shouldn't the candidates be fined for not taking down their billboards and posters ?
Some of those billboards and posters must have cost a fortune. They are big as an entire building and luminated at night.

Reactions: chico bill

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I moved this to Dominicans Abroad, and will leave it open as long as it is about Dominican family and friends at the rally and not about you-know-who.
It's about you know who or the other you know who as it always is in an election. Neither choice for 2024 is appealing - pick your poison.

Which choices serve the future of the Dominican interests abroad better?

That's my curiosity. I think like everywhere in the world people have been knocked back on their heels from inflation.

Yeah their are a couple of old coots on this forum who claim they don't see much inflation and it doesn't affect them. Great for them, but they are lying .

So I think because net worth for everyone has flatlined or gone down for the past 3 years the blame always floats up and that combined with reckless immigration policies (which the whole world is grappling with) is overcrowding cities like NY and those will be deciding factors for Dominicans Abroad in 2024.

I personally know at least 6 Dominicans that went to the US the past two years (illegally).
Contrary to popular opinion money does not fall from trees in the US, and while, jobs might be available outside of DR, the cost of living is crazy high

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I know a few Dom Yorkers.
None of them are happy with the current administration's policies of open borders, high crime and the ridiculous cost of living in NYC.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
You may be surprised, they are already taking them all down.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
A little birdie told me that a Few Dominicans whos images made into those Videos are relatives to People on this board ..
Thats Nice to see .. And please thank them for us .

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
A little birdie told me that a Few Dominicans whos images made into those Videos are relatives to People on this board ..
Thats Nice to see .. And please thank them for us .
Spill the beans.....

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I was amused by the rally in the Bronx, where their is a large Dominican presence .
But if you watch the following clip you will see the Dominican's, wrapped or waving Dominican flags cheering at the rally.
Yes I am sure this thread will be closed :mad: but I am seriously curious what Dominican members who have family in the US think and why?

View attachment 9082
Not a Trump supporter, but don’t see what’s the fuss about. From day one Trump has been critical about illegal immigration while most Dominican immigrants are legal. I’m also seeing the stripes on one of the man, as in stripes from the American flags. Legal Dominicn immigrant supporting Trump while respecting the US. Where exactly is the contradiction or amusement? 🤷‍♂️

The Dominicans complaining about the “vuelta por México” types, it’s a complaint abour illegal immigration, not the legal kind which requires a lot of work, going to the embassy, etc, Since much of the recent negative change in NYC is coming from these people that no one invited, instead they invited themselves, the complaint is merited.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
The Doms in Lawrence are being courted by the Republican Party. While the Democrats only come to Boston for fund raisers. All the legal Doms I know in the Lawrence and Boston area are fed up with the Venezuelans coming here. And in 3 months getting work permits taking their jobs. I was at the Price Rite in Hyde Park yesterday morning and commented on how nice the cashiers hair was. I asked what part of the DR she comes from. Hesitating she said Venezuela. So the Doms are aware of the economic effect of the boarder issue more than my suburban neighbors who work from home in their 800K homes. Sosua Billy’s wife is in Lawrence on her final stretch of earning her citizenship after 11 years of sacrifice, schooling and working full time paying taxes. There are tens of thousand who came here legally. Paid their dues and now are being pushed out of their service jobs by illegals who are getting fast tracked work permits. There is tension in the Latino American communities. Black communitie. Hispanic communities. And now some white suburban commmunities being forced to house the illegal migrants. So it will be interesting to see the polling going into November.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
The Doms in Lawrence are being courted by the Republican Party. While the Democrats only come to Boston for fund raisers. All the legal Doms I know in the Lawrence and Boston area are fed up with the Venezuelans coming here. And in 3 months getting work permits taking their jobs. I was at the Price Rite in Hyde Park yesterday morning and commented on how nice the cashiers hair was. I asked what part of the DR she comes from. Hesitating she said Venezuela. So the Doms are aware of the economic effect of the boarder issue more than my suburban neighbors who work from home in their 800K homes. Sosua Billy’s wife is in Lawrence on her final stretch of earning her citizenship after 11 years of sacrifice, schooling and working full time paying taxes. There are tens of thousand who came here legally. Paid their dues and now are being pushed out of their service jobs by illegals who are getting fast tracked work permits. There is tension in the Latino American communities. Black communitie. Hispanic communities. And now some white suburban commmunities being forced to house the illegal migrants. So it will be interesting to see the polling going into November.
Interesting to read the perspective from Dominicans abroad.

Reactions: Jumbo

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
It's cool to see Dominicans repping their flag at the Bronx rally. Would love to hear what those with family in the US think about it.
I have a very large extended family here. My brother in law is a starting pitcher for the Arkansas Travelers (AA) Seattle. Family in Dorchester on Morton st. Family in Lawrence along with family not related but mine for 20 years. Family in Charlotte NC. And family in Miami. They are disgusted with Brandon. They all came here legally. Waited many years to get here and now half are citizens after 5 years of 60 hours a week work. PAYING TAXES and never being on the government dole. After 17 years my aunt is finally buying a house. The American dream in Randolph Ma.. Honestly I flipped three houses there and lived there for 2 years. I would never live there again but for them it is paradise. To each is own. All who can vote are voting Republican.