window frame with double glazing

wim

Jan 10, 2002
Does anyone have an address where I can obtain a window frames with double glazing?
In the capital or the nord coast .
Anywhere in the DR .
Website or phonenumber are also ok .
Thanks

drisforme

May 28, 2016
Susan WHATSAPP +1 (849) 918-5200
They are located in Cabarete ,across Perla Marina.
All my windows are double glazing and coming from them. Frame is PVC.

Peace

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Does double glazing means double pane for sound/heat insulation?

I remember the first time I stayed in an airport hotel with double pane windows. I'd sit there and watch planes take off and be amazed I couldn't hear them.

Reactions: Liberator

wim

Jan 10, 2002
I will used for the heat insulation . Where I want to build a house there is no loud traffic .

Liberator

Luck is for the unprepared
Jan 23, 2021
Europe

I remember the first time I stayed in an airport hotel with double pane windows. I'd sit there and watch planes take off and be amazed I couldn't hear them.
I'm very interested if anyone has a manufacturer for this kind of windows (y)

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I'm very interested if anyone has a manufacturer for this kind of windows (y)
Have you searched for one? I did. This is the first one that appeared:

FB marketplace has a bunch of them.

Search for "Ventana double Vidrio" or "Ventanas induladas antiruidos reductora del 70%"

Liberator

Jan 23, 2021
Europe
Have you searched for one? I did. This is the first one that appeared:

FB marketplace has a bunch of them.

Search for "Ventana double Vidrio" or "Ventanas induladas antiruidos reductora del 70%"
I didn't do the search yet, but this is certainly an interesting start to further explore the possibilities.
Thx.

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
I didn't do the search yet, but this is certainly an interesting start to further explore the possibilities.
Thx.

Yep. They seem to run about 20 bucks a foot. I don't know if they're "filled" with anything though. Does that make a difference?

Liberator

Jan 23, 2021
Europe
Yep. They seem to run about 20 bucks a foot. I don't know if they're "filled" with anything though. Does that make a difference?
A noise reduction from 70% or more will be great. Here in The Netherlands there seems to be a coating between and noble gas. If any doubts, I have 1 window frame done first.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
A noise reduction from 70% or more will be great. Here in The Netherlands there seems to be a coating between and noble gas. If any doubts, I have 1 window frame done first.
Better yet, ask the guy when you talk to him.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Whoops. Big mistake, I just looked at another ad of this guy and it says "per sq. ft."

drisforme

May 28, 2016

All the above .

Liberator

Jan 23, 2021
Europe
Whoops. Big mistake, I just looked at another ad of this guy and it says "per sq. ft."
Here in SDQ my wife does the negotiations, I stay out of sight during the 1st visit. In any case, I will also inquire at the hotels on the malecon where they buy (local vendors?).
will be back from Europe in September, so not really in a hurry and in time to avoid the X-mas parties, which will start somewhere in November.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Here in SDQ my wife does the negotiations, I stay out of sight during the 1st visit. In any case, I will also inquire at the hotels on the malecon where they buy (local vendors?).
will be back from Europe in September, so not really in a hurry and in time to avoid the X-mas parties, which will start somewhere in November.
Get yourself a set of sound curtains on Amazon too. If I'm not mistaken, I think you can get combined sound/heat reflection curtains now.

Nov 9, 2023
SC
Yes. Double glazing has about twice the isolation of single pane, double (sealed) filled with argon or equivalent combined with a heat reflecting layer roughly doubles that. I guess the heat reflecting side would be on the outside in the DR. (Inside in colder climates)

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Yes. Double glazing has about twice the isolation of single pane, double (sealed) filled with argon or equivalent combined with a heat reflecting layer roughly doubles that. I guess the heat reflecting side would be on the outside in the DR. (Inside in colder climates)
Is there anyone on this site that posts stuff from their actual knowledge anymore? N'Otengo's post is basically found word for word on the Internet:

"Double glazing generally offers twice the insulation compared to single-pane windows. When filled with argon or similar gases, the insulation improves significantly because these gases are less conductive than air, which enhances energy efficiency and soundproofing. Adding a heat-reflecting layer can further enhance the insulation, potentially doubling the effect. This layer would typically be positioned on the inside of the glass in colder climates to retain heat, while in hotter climates, such as the Dominican Republic (DR), it would be placed on the outside to reflect heat away."

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
Is there anyone on this site that posts stuff from their actual knowledge anymore? N'Otengo's post is basically found word for word on the Internet:

"Double glazing generally offers twice the insulation compared to single-pane windows. When filled with argon or similar gases, the insulation improves significantly because these gases are less conductive than air, which enhances energy efficiency and soundproofing. Adding a heat-reflecting layer can further enhance the insulation, potentially doubling the effect. This layer would typically be positioned on the inside of the glass in colder climates to retain heat, while in hotter climates, such as the Dominican Republic (DR), it would be placed on the outside to reflect heat away."
So maybe he researched and paraphrased...you never did the same for a school report? LOL At least the info is accurate, rght?

Nov 9, 2023
SC

Lol are you running the insulting bot again?

FYI I have these windows installed and I did my homework prior to ordering them. I can write my own texts.
Now you have your nose in there, pull my finger.

Nov 9, 2023
SC
So maybe he researched and paraphrased...you never did the same for a school report? LOL At least the info is accurate, rght?
No, his AI internet search found my post and rephrased it. Right Hijo?
-insert facepalm-

Lets go back to the topic.