I am a widow living in country for 10 yrs ...

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
I have used EPS or different courier , this country loves my money , but service is unresponsive ..... i expect to pay my taxes, what i dont expect is an invoice from unknown custom agents requesting a bank tranfer ....... WHAT AS AS A SINGLE WINDOW WOMEN supposed TO DO ?????? I am ready to leave ????

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I have used EPS or different courier , this country loves my money , but service is unresponsive ..... i expect to pay my taxes, what i dont expect is an invoice from unknown custom agents requesting a bank tranfer ....... WHAT AS AS A SINGLE WINDOW WOMEN supposed TO DO ?????? I am ready to leave ????
Switch to DOMEX.

What is the transfer for? Do they have supporting documents?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Been with EPS for over 10 years.
Zero problems. If you have used your EPS account since 2019
to receive items then you are already registered with customs.
I recommend you speak with a manager at your local office.
There are a few things that make we want to leave from time to
time but lack of good customer service ain't one of them.

Farmer

Antiguo
Dec 2, 2003
Did you also register with el RUA? Registro Unico Aduanero. It's part of la DGA (Direccion General de Aduanas. DOMEX had me register there which tells them that the imported goods are for your personal use. Should eliminate taxation if I understand it correctly. Someone here may correct that. Perhaps EPS has a link to them also. The couriers can't access the government system. If you have trouble with the registration online, their number is (809) 547-7070 and their email is infocourier@dga.gov.do.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Idk are you ready to leave? 🤷‍♂️

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
I always tend to date the Single Window types
1719499302410.png

This came to (my) mind....

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
Did you also register with el RUA? Registro Unico Aduanero. It's part of la DGA (Direccion General de Aduanas. DOMEX had me register there which tells them that the imported goods are for your personal use. Should eliminate taxation if I understand it correctly. Someone here may correct that. Perhaps EPS has a link to them also. The couriers can't access the government system. If you have trouble with the registration online, their number is (809) 547-7070 and their email is infocourier@dga.gov.do.
Here's the link from the EPS home page https://www.aduanas.gob.do/consultas/registro-courier/

Manuel01

Apr 1, 2009
"WHAT AS AS A SINGLE WINDOW WOMEN supposed TO DO ?????? I am ready to leave ????"
Really ???? Playing the pure widow card !? Get your s*** together and do what everybody else would do (or not).
In this situation what diference that it makes that you are a single women (widow) or that you are maried to three guys at the same time. I* don't get it.

janlindy

Mar 8, 2011
Been with EPS for over 10 years.
Zero problems. If you have used your EPS account since 2019
to receive items then you are already registered with customs.
I recommend you speak with a manager at your local office.
There are a few things that make we want to leave from time to
time but lack of good customer service ain't one of them.
I spoke with the manager ---- new rules Im told ??? spent a week in customs the eps added another 5000peso charge for specialty ....... feeling very used

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
I spoke with the manager ---- new rules Im told ??? spent a week in customs the eps added another 5000peso charge for specialty ....... feeling very used
Maybe has something to do with the item(s) or value? Did EPS explain the "specialty"?

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
I thought this would be about some torrid affair between an expat widow and a local.
Me too... I have no idea what the title of the thread has to do with the subject of the question? And I always enjoy questions/complains that lack most of any useful information...

I have used BMCargo and Domex for years, also EPS once and without any issues...

Reactions: Aguaita29