Dominican Republic showcases commitment to semiconductor industry at SEMICON West 2024

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Ministerio-de-Industria-y-Comercio-Diario-Libre.jpg

The Ministry of Industry & Commerce reported on the participation of a high-level Dominican delegation in SEMICON West 2024, the premier event for the global semiconductor industry.

The delegation, consisting of 50 key figures united under the ChipDRiven National Strategy, showcased the Dominican Republic’s commitment to fostering a vibrant domestic semiconductor ecosystem. The Ministry of Industry & Commerce press release says the Dominican strong presence underscored the country’s proactive approach to attracting investment and building a skilled workforce in this critical sector.

The Dominican delegation met with Jose W. Fernandez, Under Secretary for Economic Growth, Energy, and the Environment at the US Department of State, and Virginia Kent, senior coordinator at the ITSI Fund. These high-profile meetings highlight the Dominican Republic’s dedication to...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: Sloan

Sloan

Banned
May 4, 2023
Miami
Semi conductor plants in the Dominican Republic. From where will they get the workers for the plants?

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Semi conductor plants in the Dominican Republic. From where will they get the workers for the plants?
To do what?
Given the current monthly progress of ML and robotics, no need for humans inside semiconductor plants, even if they offer to work for free.
Compare the videos of Boston Dynamics from just 2 years ago with todays videos and imagine what will be possible in only 2 or 6 years.
Random video pick:

Alexander

Sloan

Banned
May 4, 2023
Miami
The great myth of AI is that it will replace humans.
Only those humans in the Dominican Republic that fail to adjust, adapt, improvise and overcome!

Being a human and able to think for myself I know that will never happen.
Even humans born in the Dominican Republic will be able to out intuit AI in its current form.

The robot shown (link provide above) is neither built nor currently operating in the Dominican Republic.

⬆️Why I would not bet "the farm" on AI just quite yet. :ROFLMAO: