Legal Haitians in one small town in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
We seldom look at the" other side of news stories here on DR1 as most members have hard core opinions and tend to stay with only that point of view.
I'm certainly in that category. Here is a story that gets even more convoluted than just "legal or illegal.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
We seldom look at the" other side of news stories here on DR1 as most members have hard core opinions and tend to stay with only that point of view.
I'm certainly in that category. Here is a story that gets even more convoluted than just "legal or illegal.

Johne, it's behind a paywall.

• Haha
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Reading this brought to mind a town in my county. Hammonton NJ is called the blueberry capital of the world. There are endless fields of blueberry bushes everywhere. The first pickers were Puerto Ricans, but they assimilated into the community and were replaced by Mexican and other Central Americans. Now it’s Haitians. Lots of Haitians. One recent payday in summer there were 28 school buses parked at the local malls where Walmart and ShopRite are. All Haitian blueberry pickers.

Not far from me there is a well kept Haitian church on a main road. They’re here, and they’re staying.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
@El Hijo de Manolo : I guess I'm not quite clear on what the "HA. HA." symbol means. Perhaps you can explain: Does it mean you are laughing at the response, or at the responder, or at the subject matter? ex:post #2 above. I don't have a clue but it seems to me you know a great deal about this symbol.

Reactions: aarhus

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I have zero issues with legal immigrants in either country where I am a citizen.
Illegals, all of them, should always be deported.

If the Haitians have legal work permits, that is not an issue.
If they have such work permits, they should also get valid driver's licenses where they are working.
In most states that has to be done in a very short period of time after entering the state.

Reactions: JD Jones

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I have zero issues with legal immigrants in either country where I am a citizen.
Illegals, all of them, should always be deported.

If the Haitians have legal work permits, that is not an issue.
If they have such work permits, they should also get valid driver's licenses where they are working.
In most states that has to be done in a very short period of time after entering the state.
So? Nothing you say is new, different, or unique. This article is deeper than that. ie: Those that have all of what you have stated are still imagined as the bad guys. Call it discrimination I guess. Do you have any latent discrimination even when they meet all of your standards?

Reactions: Big

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
discrimination
victimized
degraded
offended
triggered (shall i continue)
YAWN....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
So? Nothing you say is new, different, or unique. This article is deeper than that. ie: Those that have all of what you have stated are still imagined as the bad guys. Call it discrimination I guess. Do you have any latent discrimination even when they meet all of your standards?
No, I don't . As long as anyone from anywhere is legally in the country, I have no issues with that if they obey the law.

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
You need to think of your health sir. Builder also. You chaps could throw a clot or blow a vessel in the old noggin.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Not too long ago, a group of 20K Haitians were flown into Springfield.

Virtually overnight, 1/3 of the population is now illegal Haitians and the residents are going nuts. Many have said their pets are disappearing and the Haitians are grabbing ducks from the city pond and eating them. One woman in particular was searching for her missing cat and found it hanging from a tree.

The same thing is happening in Sylacauga and Cullman, Alabama. and is also happening in Athens and Albertville, AL. The sheriff in Athens put out a statement that said it was a federal program and they were flown in to work.

The Governor has said he has not been informed of what's happening either.

And no, they are not legal. They are illegal immigrants.

GXALTa9WIAEUTc-

Last edited:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Not too long ago, a group of 20K Haitians were flown into Springfield.

Virtually overnight, 1/3 of the population is now illegal Haitians and the residents are going nuts. Many have said their pets are disappearing and the Haitians are grabbing ducks from the city pond and eating them. One woman in particular was searching for her missing cat and found it hanging from a tree.

The same thing is happening in Sylacauga and Cullman, Alabama. and is also happening in Athens and Albertville, AL. The sheriff in Athens put out a statement that said it was a federal program and they were flown in to work.

The Governor has said he has not been informed of what's happening either.

And no, they are not legal. They are illegal immigrants.

GXALTa9WIAEUTc-
That’s bad regardless, but having newly arrived blacks involved in doing things that most locals are not amused with is not something to be done in Alabama, of all places. Sure, the newly arrived Haitians don’t know the history of the place, the very recent history. Some of those that took part in that history are still around and they didn’t had the good parts of that recent history.

They should give a crash course to the immigrants of the places they are going, IMO.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
They should give a crash course to the immigrants of the places they are going, IMO.
10 years ago this would have been unimaginable.
Ask yourself, "what changed"?

They should all be rounded up and sent home, regardless of where ever home may be.

Have you any idea what would happen if you were caught crossing into Haiti illegally?

Reactions: jd426

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
10 years ago this would have been unimaginable.
Ask yourself, "what changed"?

They should all be rounded up and sent home, regardless of where ever home may be.

Have you any idea what would happen if you were caught crossing into Haiti illegally?
This Dominican was recently caught by Haitian police. This was right by the border. Apparently, he stepped into Haiti without knowing. Dominicans need a visa to enter Haiti.

Reactions: CristoRey

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

also:

How about people getting kicked out of their rental homes because the U.S. pays more for Haitians?

Last edited:
Reactions: NanSanPedro

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Blue Collar Town in New Jersey
I find it both disturbing and a little amusing that a certain group is trying so hard to DISPUTE the Fact that Dogs and Cats have gone missing for obvious reasons and its not to give them a better Home as Pets thats fore sure.
I guess to take attention away from the Fact that many of these Haitians are here Illegally . but I did not even know the Percentage was that high, at 30 % ? thats wild .
But you can really tell who the Gullible dummies on Social Media are , as they are the ones claiming that his is just some more wild Conspiracy theory stuff .

We been 100% Accurate with those "Theories" , when will these people give up already.

Reactions: reilleyp
Status
Not open for further replies.