recommendations on a a reliable Bergen/Passaic county transport company shipping boxes to DR

Mario1208

Dec 27, 2023
Piantini
If anyone members have recommendations please provide contact info. i’d be extremely appreciative 🙏. Taking Nov Dr trip & based on google research /reviews within nearby transport businesses seems highly risky. Any contact feedback would be appreciated.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Have you tried the search option? There are several threads about shipping.

Mario1208

Dec 27, 2023
Piantini
I’ve check out a few local places via google tbh the reviews are scary mentioning lost boxes & boxes taking months to be received & missing items in certain occasions. Thx for the feedback

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

Tom F.

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
The family uses Luciano Shipping. They drop off the boxes, they are filled, we call and they pick them up. Usually, 2-3 weeks later it is delivered. I think it's $75 a box. If something does not fit in the boxes they leave it on the outside and charge accordingly. My sister-in-law fill 12-15 boxes every fall for donations she does around xmas time. When for personal use, usually 1-3 boxes.

Chuddy

Apr 18, 2021
New Jersey
Embarque Caribe Express in Paterson. I personally have never used them, but friends have. They also have a warehouse attached full of appliances and such for sale to be shipped down.

Reactions: Mario1208

JLSawmam

Sep 8, 2018
Is the difference in the quotes due to value of the contents? I've never used a shipper, so I don't know how that part works

Mario1208

Dec 27, 2023
Piantini
Volume wasn’t mentioned when I asked was just specified box size restriction. Seems like a cost difference between sending new clothing/other misc items vs used? I’ll find out later on today in person. An employee over the phone provided that info. Guessing it’s a matter of DR restricting resale of new clothing & other misc with mfg tags which would make sense?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Is the difference in the quotes due to value of the contents? I've never used a shipper, so I don't know how that part works

If you say anything is NEW the price changes. Take off tags, take things out of boxes, etc. That $75 is pretty common, some are less, and many will offer you 3 of those boxes for $200. Ask.

We prefer to ship in the 55 gallon plastic drums. They’re pricy to buy, but many car washes give them away. The empty drums are very popular and useful in DR. They hold a lot more, of course, and cost more to ship, usually about $115-125.

Reactions: Mario1208

Mario1208

Dec 27, 2023
Piantini
If you say anything is NEW the price changes. Take off tags, take things out of boxes, etc. That $75 is pretty common, some are less, and many will offer you 3 of those boxes for $200. Ask.

We prefer to ship in the 55 gallon plastic drums. They’re pricy to buy, but many car washes give them away. The empty drums are very popular and useful in DR. They hold a lot more, of course, and cost more to ship, usually about $115-125.
Thanks for the info