Arthur the King, the movie, released on 15 March; was filmed in DR

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Arthur-The-King-movie-IMDB-706x1024.png

An incredible true story about the bonding of man and dog is now a movie soon to open in cinemas around the world. The actual story took place in Ecuador. Arthur was an Ecuadorian dog who attached himself to a Swedish extreme adventure racing team when they were competing in the Adventure Racing World Championship in 2014. The dog eventually accompanied the runner back to Sweden.

Arthur the King, the movie, is an adapted version and tells the story as happening in the Dominican Republic, where it was filmed three years ago.

Lionsgate will release the film in cinemas on 15 March 2024.

The screenplay is based on “Arthur: The Dog who Crossed the Jungle to Find a Home”, the book by Swede Mikael Lindnord. The book is for sale on Amazon.

In the movie, Mark Wahlberg stars as Mikael Lindnord, while Helena Lindnord is portrayed by Juliet Rylance. Other actors in the movie...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Buck and colmcb

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
I needed a handle to identify me as a loser, and Deacon Blues was already taken.
Best DR1 name and description in my humble opinion is Cobraboy. His description is flight attendant on Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet airlines. That’s creative and a bit dark.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Before anyone thinks I’m probably reading it somewhere, nope. As soon I look at those settings I knew where it was.

IMG_1287.jpeg

Calle El Conde, Santo Domingo. Hello Bartholomew Columbus.

IMG_1288.jpeg

Samaná Bay with Los Haitíses in the background.

IMG_1290.jpeg

Francisco del Rosario Bridge over the Ozama River. The DN on the right, Santo Domingo Este on the left. Notice the skyline of the up-and-coming Polígono Central part II (Ozama/Alma Rosa).

IMG_1291.jpeg

Atlantic Boulevard between Las Terrenas and the airport.

IMG_1293.jpeg

Columbus Park in SD looking towards the cathedral.

IMG_1294.jpeg

The Samaná Pedestrian Bridge that connect some lf the keys offshore the town.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Thanks for telling where the locations were. I only recognized the bridge in Samana, since I have never been to the other places you mentioned.