Beach day trip out of SD by bus?

Bananas1

Sep 17, 2023
Canada
Looking for an easy day trip where we don't have to leave before dawn. Juan Dolio or somewhere with beach to sit, walk, enjoy for the late morning and afternoon, then bus back to SD. If anyone has the bus information/where to catch it, where it drop me off etc? a nice place on the beach to have lunch or a drink and take a walk, get away from the city....all suggestions are welcome :). any and all ideas are very welcome!

Big

Apr 24, 2019
uber to the beach and tell him to hang around and give him cash for the ride back. He will wait. A couple of hours at the beach is enough..

Reactions: JD Jones

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
“Old Juan Dolio” instructions:

Take Astrapoo (Astrapu) bus terminal by parque enriquillo/plaza lama area. Taxis, conchos & motos know where it’s at. Medium size public busses with A/C depart as soon as buss fills w/passengers. All day, morning to evening 7-days a week. Tell driver you’re going to Juan Dolio VIEJO. Maps app may help locate it. When bus stops, depart (duh) it’s a short walk from that drop off corner. No moto concho needed. There are signs and billboards at the corner (None say Juan Dolio this way) The bus fare ~90 pesos one way per person. Nice beach, bars, restaurants, hotels.
Going back to SD walk back to drop off corner, cross street and lots of different buses go by, Astrapu and others, just lift an arm or wave, bus stops, get in, say la capital porfa, or be more specific… Done and done.

Bananas1

Sep 17, 2023
Canada

Take Astrapoo (Astrapu) bus terminal by parque enriquillo/plaza lama area. Taxis, conchos & motos know where it’s at. Medium size public busses with A/C depart as soon as buss fills w/passengers. All day, morning to evening 7-days a week. Tell driver you’re going to Juan Dolio VIEJO. Maps app may help locate it. When bus stops, depart (duh) it’s a short walk from that drop off corner. No moto concho needed. There are signs and billboards at the corner (None say Juan Dolio this way) The bus fare ~90 pesos one way per person. Nice beach, bars, restaurants, hotels.
Going back to SD walk back to drop off corner, cross street and lots of different buses go by, Astrapu and others, just lift an arm or wave, bus stops, get in, say la capital porfa, or be more specific… Done and done.
Thank you very much Gadfly! copying this for the trip!

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010

The bus stop at Juan Dolio VIEJO (old) is called "Juan Dolio OASIS". Fare for SD to Juan Dolio around 200 pesos, if you have change 150 pesos. Return bus same conner across the street, Last bus around 7PM, sometimes 8pm. If you go to Don Pedro Bar (on the beach) and consume you will not have to pay for table and chair on the beach.

Reactions: Bananas1

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ
if you make a mistake and come to Basura Chica, go to the Puerco Rosado restaurant, good food and drinks, very reasonably priced, the gaugua lets you off at the park which is about a 3 minute walk

Reactions: Bananas1

Father Guido

Jul 24, 2022
SDQ
If you want less peace and quiet, Boca Chica would be ok. My Haitian kid could pick you up and take you back. Boca Chica can get rowdy and there are quite a few putas at the beach, so you would have to be aware of that.
lunes thru viernes is ok and not too ruidoso in the vicinity of the Puerco Rosado restaurant on the beach in basura chica, food and drink is good and reasonable, ask for Indira

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Bananas1

Sep 17, 2023
Canada
If you want less peace and quiet, Boca Chica would be ok. My Haitian kid could pick you up and take you back. Boca Chica can get rowdy and there are quite a few putas at the beach, so you would have to be aware of that.
LOL..... I'm now aware, thank you....I'm female with a male partner. What would your Haitian kid charge us for say, 4 hours? there and back and wait?

• Haha
Reactions: Unit5

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
LOL..... I'm now aware, thank you....I'm female with a male partner. What would your Haitian kid charge us for say, 4 hours? there and back and wait?

I can tell you now this will be your best option, and he will be able to help you pick and choose different options/prices.

Bananas1

Sep 17, 2023
Canada
No. He would only charge up and back. We live about 1km from the beach so he could just come home. BTW, he speaks great English.
I'll be in touch, it sounds a little confusing.... up and back? meaning what? He'd come get us in SD? I'll have to talk to him.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I'll be in touch, it sounds a little confusing.... up and back? meaning what? He'd come get us in SD? I'll have to talk to him.

He already said the kid would pick you up and take you back to SD...........

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
No problem. If you want him to stay with you, he can. I just figured you would rather be dropped off at the beach in Boca Chica and call him when you're ready to go back. But whatever your preference is I'm sure he can accomodate.

Bananas1

Sep 17, 2023
Canada
No problem. If you want him to stay with you, he can. I just figured you would rather be dropped off at the beach in Boca Chica and call him when you're ready to go back. But whatever your preference is I'm sure he can accomodate.
Ohhhh ok, now I understand. I will be in touch and thank you and him. We Canucks can be a little slow, must be the cold weather

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro