Best neighborhoods to live in Santiago...

exeurodominican

Feb 1, 2014
I live through them for about a year but since I am not at home mostly I didn't bother.
But every weekends and nights it feels like they are doing their laundry on purpose on wee hours, wanting us to move.
And two bunnies were cute but at 7 or 8 last time I checked, the smell with these heat is making me gag.
I am sick of hearing neighbors squeaking 3 or 4 times every week for what ever the reason.
I would like a little space, a little separation, if I may.
I am not in rush, I am extremely busy these days, but I would like to move after September this year if I may..

I will send you a PM.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Koreano: Look at "Los Samanes" ...or Villa Mar?a (same area).

They are between Juan Pablo Duarte and the Autopista Duarte to the east of Santiago proper...past Rafael Vidal.

They are excellent properties.

HB

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Koreano: Look at "Los Samanes" ...or Villa Mar?a (same area).

They are between Juan Pablo Duarte and the Autopista Duarte to the east of Santiago proper...past Rafael Vidal.

They are excellent properties.

HB

Wow.

My wife and I just talked about Los Samanes, it looks like a perfect spot since we don't have to move further in toward center.
Thanks.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
It's amazing how much development is occuring everywhere in this country!

Forget Jacagua, think EVERYWHERE!

It takes money to build anything, even a little shack and people are building and building.

Who said people have no money here?! :surprised

There are homes, shacks, stores, development in places where there was none when I was a kid!

Think Cabarete, the most obvious of transformations!

-NAL:classic:

Lot's of drug money to be washed.

airgordo

Bronze
Jun 24, 2015
Villa Magisterial, los Girasoles, Valle verde, all those on the south of santiago currently...middle class place

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
I really liked this neighborhood (Samanes). It has many of the things on our wish list like underground utilities, private, gated, sidewalks, upscale. The problem is we haven't been able to find a neighborhood that also has a good looking surrounding area. You leave the neighborhood and the the road behind El Lindo is shabby looking with plenty of trash. Villa Maria had some nice homes as well but it is not gated. They have some signs up opposing apartment buildings or something.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Having lived here Santiago in both Gurabo and La Joya, I prefer La Joya...
but I?m guessing this is not an area most of you would consider ?the best? :cheeky: