Covid questions for Sosua and Cabarete area

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Some countries - formerly successful in containing it - are experiencing a resurgence in cases
They say it's inevitable - a July 17th article

I said it was inevitable from day 1 that the virus would continue if there was no possibility for herd immunity.
An airborne highly contagious pandemic cannot be stopped by social distancing and wearing masks.
Measures to flatten the curve will only be tolerated for a period of time.

We are still in phase one of this pandemic.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
Everyone wearing even cheap cotton masks can help a bit.

The reasons you don't understand why people will not cooperate are because:

1) Some people just don't care
2) Some people think they are invincible
3) Some people, like Mr T, think it is a government hoax to control people
4) Some people are just plain ignorant.
5) Other reasons I overlooked to simplify this response, or just plain missed out on thinking of.

I hope that explains why some people are unwilling to make a personal commitment.

It is good to understand how little chance there is that this virus will be eliminated by any means we try.
At least government officials in some areas of the world are starting to actually state that.
My money is on #4

Reactions: rhanson1

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Everyone wearing even cheap cotton masks can help a bit.

The reasons you don't understand why people will not cooperate are because:

1) Some people just don't care
2) Some people think they are invincible
3) Some people, like Mr T, think it is a government hoax to control people
4) Some people are just plain ignorant.
5) Other reasons I overlooked to simplify this response, or just plain missed out on thinking of.

I hope that explains why some people are unwilling to make a personal commitment.

It is good to understand how little chance there is that this virus will be eliminated by any means we try.
At least government officials in some areas of the world are starting to actually state that.

One that truly stands out is the NEED for people to work in order to provide for their families, so they do not starve and die.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Ignorance and ignoring reality is bliss I suppose. The DR had to know that opening the economy again would trigger a large resurgence of the disease yet no health system capacity increases and no clear public messaging. Like Smokey says, "only you can prevent the spread of CV19."

Reality is that the grand majority of Dominicans do not receive a monthly trust fund stipend, pension distribution, or loan against their retirement savings.
In order to earn money to feed their families, yes, they have to work.
When some are only concerned of themselves, yes it is easy to dictate what others should do.
Indeed, ignorance is bliss.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Did people not investigate the health care systems here within RD before they decided to relocate within?
While blame should and must be place on the RD government and medical system overseers, what is to be said of those expatriates who either did not investigate/prepare carefully, or simply looked the other way?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Reality is that the grand majority of Dominicans do not receive a monthly trust fund stipend, pension distribution, or loan against their retirement savings.
In order to earn money to feed their families, yes, they have to work.
When some are only concerned of themselves, yes it is easy to dictate what others should do.
Indeed, ignorance is bliss.

That is the problem in many countries - poorer countries.

Citizens must return to work - regardless of the consequences
You just work around the problem - behave, act accordingly, be careful....

Reactions: S_windsurf
Sep 22, 2009
Did people not investigate the health care systems here within RD before they decided to relocate within?
While blame should and must be place on the RD government and medical system overseers, what is to be said of those expatriates who either did not investigate/prepare carefully, or simply looked the other way?
I received top end treatment at Cedimat years back. Gastro, Cardiology and urology. Very professional and competent. They took all insurances, copay was minimal. If you bank on local govt funded hospitals and clinics not so much. There are good docs out there though, need to network and find out who and where.

Reactions: aarhus

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Did NOT forget... post has zero to do w/ offspring

But yes... you sit on Windy's porch most afternoons drinking iced tea
Or I just live in his head? Is that sugared iced tea?

I have been surprised that CV19 has not had a major impact yet on Calleljon de la Loma, Barrio Blanco and La Cienaga.

Reactions: El Rey de Mangu
Sep 22, 2009
Or I just live in his head? Is that sugared iced tea?

I have been surprised that CV19 has not had a major impact yet on Calleljon de la Loma, Barrio Blanco and La Cienaga.
I thought you had a food and Bev biz. I was envisioning patronizing your establishment. Sweet tea, the house wine of the South!

I'm sorry but you don't live in my head. I just happen to note when I post an opinion about Cab, you and another resident seem to get very caustic and defensive. That's all.

As for covid in those sectors you have no idea how many are walking around positive. Just based on rap sheets alone, those areas have people least likely to test? How would you know those barrios have low incidence if they're not.testing? Just tossing this around the pitch

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
That is the problem in many countries - poorer countries.

Citizens must return to work - regardless of the consequences
You just work around the problem - behave, act accordingly, be careful....

Must return to work?
As, some stop working?
From my experiences, the day you stop working, is the day you may as well order the box, or urn.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I received top end treatment at Cedimat years back. Gastro, Cardiology and urology. Very professional and competent. They took all insurances, copay was minimal. If you bank on local govt funded hospitals and clinics not so much. There are good docs out there though, need to network and find out who and where.

While I can stand to agree with your assertion, would you opt to have life saving surgery here within the borders of the RD?

Sep 22, 2009
While I can stand to agree with your assertion, would you opt to have life saving surgery here within the borders of the RD?
You are guiding the answer. The reality is much more complicated. Having a.life saving surgery doesn't leave you with many options.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
You are guiding the answer. The reality is much more complicated. Having a.life saving surgery doesn't leave you with many options.

Before choosing to relocate here, and live their "dream".................
Persons should ask themselves, why do Dominican Presidents, elected officials, athletes, musicians, and persons with wealth choose to go abroad for surgical procedures?
Do you not consider yourself worthy of the best treatment, as they do?

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Before choosing to relocate here, and live their "dream".................
Persons should ask themselves, why do Dominican Presidents, elected officials, athletes, musicians, and persons with wealth choose to go abroad for surgical procedures?
Do you not consider yourself worthy of the best treatment, as they do?
I think in a lot of those cases they do it because it's a status symbol to go to the US for treatment. Wasn't it Leonel that went there for a rash?

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I think in a lot of those cases they do it because it's a status symbol to go to the US for treatment. Wasn't it Leonel that went there for a rash?

It is not a status symbol. They are not going for butt lifts in Miami.
Then again........