Cruise Passengers - E-Ticket?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
As I watched a cruise ship pass today, I wondered ----

They typically come for a day...... do they fill out the e-ticket ??

Anybody know ?

singletravel

Oct 13, 2003
I live in Miami, cruise ships docked in front of me. Can I just get off in PP if I take the cruise?? Or is that a no-no??? No stamp in my passport?? So I dont return to the ship, what happens??? just curious??

Jan 9, 2004
I live in Miami, cruise ships docked in front of me. Can I just get off in PP if I take the cruise?? Or is that a no-no??? No stamp in my passport?? So I dont return to the ship, what happens??? just curious??
Well the Cruise line will report you as AWOL/Missing and you would then also become illegal in the DR after 24 hours (the length of time cruise ship passengers are exempt from needing a tourist card.)

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
There is also a fine involved

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
In other threads we ask whether 'cruisers' are true tourists..... I think not

They fill out no form and the cruise company must cite the passenger total to the gov't..... not just those who actually leave the ship to visit.
A bit inflated, the tourist number

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Interesting.Has the makings of a perfect crime story LOL.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
In other threads we ask whether 'cruisers' are true tourists..... I think not

They fill out no form and the cruise company must cite the passenger total to the gov't..... not just those who actually leave the ship to visit.
A bit inflated, the tourist number
Furthermore, they probably list the number of crew members too