Daytime Running Lights

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
On most cars, the DRL's come on automatically. It's selectable on my Camry. The majority of cars on the road(except for newer models) don't have them. I don't know how one could get a ticket for a burnt-out light that's not even required AFIK(?).

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
As of late I actually prefer those with next to no lights over the super high-intensity lights these idiots are now blinding you with. Yet...no Digisett pulling anyone over for having illegally bright headlights...go figure.

Get tint on your windscreen---- like my car😐--- and voilà, you are not blinded by the very bright lights.
Now, you can't see💩 at night.......but you can't have everything 😆😆

P.S. I refuse to drive that particular car at night because of the tint problem.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I can't imagine having tint on my front window and driving at night(?). I can barely see anything at night out my side and rear windows with the tints.

Reactions: chico bill

malko

Jan 12, 2013
On most cars, the DRL's come on automatically. It's selectable on my Camry. The majority of cars on the road(except for newer models) don't have them. I don't know how one could get a ticket for a burnt-out light that's not even required AFIK(?).

There was actually an intermediate state of affairs. New cars in Europe for the past 5 years or more came with lights that never went out.
So you have full beam, head lights and what we call feux de positions ( ie, position lights ).

So the feux de positions never went out on new-ish cars, then they transitioned to lights like the pics you posted.

It meant older cars could manually put on feux de positions to comply with the law.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
There was actually an intermediate state of affairs. New cars in Europe for the past 5 years or more came with lights that never went out.
So you have full beam, head lights and what we call feux de positions ( ie, position lights ).

So the feux de positions never went out on new-ish cars, then they transitioned to lights like the pics you posted.

It meant older cars could manually put on feux de positions to comply with the law.
So, was this "feux de position" light as bright as a standard headlight - bright enough to drive at night with? Was it actually the headlight itself?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
That was my point exactly

malko

Jan 12, 2013
So, was this "feux de position" light as bright as a standard headlight - bright enough to drive at night with? Was it actually the headlight itself?

No, not as bright as a standard headlight. The light came from the headlight itself.

Reactions: cavok