Dental Implants

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
A close friend is interested in having dental implants done. He’s gotten prices in NJ, and asked me if I could tell him the costs in DR.

Has anyone had them done recently? Cost and recommendations for a dentist in Santo Domingo area? How many trips would it entail?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I had quite a bit of work during 2023. In fact, I am due to go back later this month for some work that I did 6 months ago and now bone ready to implant two teeth.
I had the work done in SD and I must say it is the best decision I ever made in regards to my dental work.I would approximate the work ,which was in the $$ area of $8000 would cost double that in the NYC area. They enjoy a 5 star rating on Google.

Dr. Pedro Paulino. Diandy XLL Roberto Pastoriza 16. 829 382 8507

Your friend can contact me directly if he cares to and I'll try to help.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I had quite a bit of work during 2023. In fact, I am due to go back later this month for some work that I did 6 months ago and now bone ready to implant two teeth.
I had the work done in SD and I must say it is the best decision I ever made in regards to my dental work.I would approximate the work ,which was in the $$ area of $8000 would cost double that in the NYC area. They enjoy a 5 star rating on Google.

Dr. Pedro Paulino. Diandy XLL Roberto Pastoriza 16. 829 382 8507

Your friend can contact me directly if he cares to and I'll try to help.

Thank you. Can you tell me about how much each implant is? He does have insurance here, and is trying to decide if it’s worth it to take off work, fly there, stay somewhere, etc.

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002
My hubby had implants done last month in Cabarete. We checked prices at several dentists, and all were around the same. It's 40,000.- Pesos per implant and later 35,000,- for a zirconia crown over the implant. Porcelain crown is slightly cheaper.

Reactions: AlterEgo

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
AE, it's really going to determine if he needs some jawbone augmentation. I don't know what Johne thinks, but I would get a best estimate from the USA and then try to shop that here.
I think Dr. Paulino has a pre-printed menu of pricing for ball park estimating purposes. However, I did the pricing in a more comprehensive way. That is:They did a simple exam and deep cleaning. Then took ex rays in the office while I was in the chair and put up on large screen in front of me. They explained the need for more detailed photography with a service close by. The initial exam and cleaning was about $100. The imaging service that did the work based on Dr. Paulino direction was, I think about $75-85. They then took the disk and put it up on the large screen and explained exactly what needed to be done, why, how long it would take, and the estimated cost.

I was really comfortable with that approach.

Cabarete2014

Mar 30, 2014
My hubby had implants done last month in Cabarete. We checked prices at several dentists, and all were around the same. It's 40,000.- Pesos per implant and later 35,000,- for a zirconia crown over the implant. Porcelain crown is slightly cheaper.
Who was the dentist in Cabarete and are you happy with the results?

DR fan1990

Sep 22, 2020
Canada
I think Dr. Paulino has a pre-printed menu of pricing for ball park estimating purposes. However, I did the pricing in a more comprehensive way. That is:They did a simple exam and deep cleaning. Then took ex rays in the office while I was in the chair and put up on large screen in front of me. They explained the need for more detailed photography with a service close by. The initial exam and cleaning was about $100. The imaging service that did the work based on Dr. Paulino direction was, I think about $75-85. They then took the disk and put it up on the large screen and explained exactly what needed to be done, why, how long it would take, and the estimated cost.

I was really comfortable with that approach.

Why did he charge you in UD dollars when he's in the DR... is this common practice?

I've always paid for my dental visits in RD$